How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
A group is a collection of users within a LEO unit. There are four ways of creating groups in LEO: you can manually create a group; you can auto-create groups; you can import a group from another LEO unit; or you can create a 'Signup group'. In this LEO Guide we will show you the steps for manually creating a group in LEO.
Note: you do not need to create Banner groups in your LEO unit, as these as imported automatically during the creation of the unit.
To create a group in LEO you need to:
- Navigate to your LEO unit. From the Administration menu select Unit administration > Users > Groups
- Click on the blue 'Create group' button.
- In the next screen that opens, you are able to give your group a name and a description. You are also able to upload an image which will then represent the group. Additionally you are able to add an 'Enrolment key' to your group. An enrolment key allows you to limit access to the group only to students and staff who know the key, which is set by you. Note: Group enrolment keys must be enabled in the self enrolment settings.
- Click 'Save changes' when you are done. Repeat from step 2 until you have created all of the groups you require.
- To learn how to enable groups and groupings at the unit level, please read out LEO Guide: 'How to enable groups at the unit level'
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/994947