How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
Students in LEO units are automatically enrolled through the link to Banner, the student management system at ACU. Lecturers are unable to add or remove students from their units. LEO will automatically do this itself.
Lecturers in charge will sometimes, however, have to add other lecturers and tutors to their unit.
The two roles that may need to be added are 'editing lecturer' or 'lecturer'.
An ‘editing lecturer’ has access to features and functions in a LEO unit to perform the design, development, teaching and management tasks including:
- creating or copying a new unit
- creating or editing learning materials and activities
- creating or editing assessment tasks (e.g. quizzes, assignments)
- enrolling other teaching staff.
A ‘lecturer’ role is often more like a tutor in a unit. Lecturers have access to limited features and functions in a LEO unit including:
- accessing units in which they are involved for the purposes of teaching and assessing students.
- access and use content and tools in units (e.g. post to forums) but not add activities or alter settings.
- access to mark student work.
If groups are set up in the unit, the 'Lecturer' will only be able to see and assess student work where the lecturer is in the same group(s) as the student.
Adding other staff to a unit
- When in a unit, select Administration menu > Users > Enrolled users.
This will bring up a list of students and staff currently enrolled in the unit.
- Click the 'Enrol users' button.
- From the popup:
- select the role
- type part of their name and click 'Search'
- find the user in the list and click 'Enrol' next to their name
- click the 'Finish enrolling users' button.
The new user will appear in the list of enrolled users, along with their role(s) in the unit.
Page last updated: 2017-09-01
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1087365