How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
Use this guide if you would like to create a new unit by copying an existing unit. Students WILL NOT be enrolled in this unit. You can only copy from units that you are currently an editing lecturer. To copy different units, please contact your faculty eLearning team.
- From the LEO Homepage, click the 'Create new or copy unit' link in the 'Unit creation' block.
- a) Leave the 'Create a new unit' option checked;
b) Select your Faculty (you can only choose the faculties that you are an editing lecturer for).
- A search box will appear. Type in a keyword to help find the unit you would like to make a copy of. The unit code would be useful search term. Click the 'Refine Search' button.
- A list of all the possible available units will appear. Click the 'Choose' button next to the unit you would like to make a copy of. Units from multiple previous semesters and campuses may be in the list. Ensure you select the correct, most recent, up-to-date version of the unit.
- Click 'No' when asked, 'Will this unit be based on a unit in Banner?'
- Type in a sensible 'Full name' and 'Short name' for your unit.
Note: The 'Short name' must be unique in LEO. No two units can have the same short name. Try adding your name and perhaps a date in the short name if it is to be a sandbox unit.
- Click the 'Create' button.
- Creating a new unit can take a minute. Please DO NOT click 'Create' a second time - wait until the page changes.
- Once the unit is created you will be taken to the 'Edit unit settings' page. More information on this page is further in the LEO Guides. If you are happy with the unit settings, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the 'Save and display' button.
Page last updated: 2017-06-29
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1032755