Create a new banner unit from a template
Use this guide if you would like to create a unit from a template, starting from scratch with NO existing content. Students WILL be enrolled in this unit.
- From the LEO Homepage, click the 'Create new or copy unit' link in the 'Unit creation' block.
- a) Leave the 'Create a new unit' option checked;
b) Select your Faculty (you can only choose the faculties that you are an editing lecturer for);
c) Click 'Choose' next to the type of template you would like to base the unit on.
- Click 'Yes' when asked, 'Will this unit be based on a unit in Banner?'
- A popup dialog box will appear. Select a Campus; Section; Year and Semester; and the four-character Unit Code Prefix.
A list of possible units will appear.
Click 'Choose' next to the correct unit.
- A summary page should appear including the unit's full name, short name and start date.
- If there is a second (or third) cohort of students to add to this unit, such as if this is a national unit with students from different campuses, click the 'Add more students to this unit before creating' button.
- Once all cohorts have been added, click the 'Create' button.
- Creating a new unit can take a minute. Please DO NOT click 'Create' a second time - wait until the page changes.
- Once the unit is created you will be taken to the 'Edit unit settings' page. More information on this page is further in the LEO Guides. If you are happy with the unit settings, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the 'Save and display' button.