Create a new unit
In order to create a new unit, you must be an editing lecturer in LEO. Unit creation is started from the 'Unit Creation' block on the LEO homepage. This block usually sits near the bottom of the blocks on the right side of the home screen.
If you do not see the 'Unit Creation' block on the LEO homepage, it is probably because you are not set up as an editing lecturer in LEO. You will need to ask your faculty eLearning team for assistance.
Before you start there are answers to some questions you will need to know:
- Will students be enrolled in this unit (banner vs non-banner)?
- Do I copy an existing unit (perhaps from a previous semester)?
- Do I start the unit from scratch?
- If I start from scratch, which template should I use?
- What is the unit code, campus and section for the unit and will there be more than one cohort of students enrolled in this unit?
If you are unsure about the answer to any of these questions, contact your faculty’s Course Administrator, Course Coordinator or your faculty eLearning team.
Click on one of the links below for instructions depending on your situation:
Create a new banner unit from a template (start from scratch, students will be enrolled)
Create a new non-banner unit from a template (start from scratch, students will NOT be enrolled)
Create a new banner unit by copying an existing unit (students will be enrolled)
Create a new non-banner unit by copying an existing unit (students will NOT be enrolled)