How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- ACU IT Service Portal for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
You are able to link to anything that is available online, including videos, images, sound files, and PDFs. When linking to content you should be careful not to link to content which sits behind a 'paywall'. A paywall is an arrangement whereby the content is only made available to people who have subscribed or paid a fee to access it.
There are a number of different display options for the URL, including opening the link in the same page, and opening the link in a 'pop-up' window.
The URL Tool within LEO cannot be used for the purposes of assessment. However the Page resource may be useful for providing additional context to your students around their assessment tasks. You can link to websites, blog posts, online newspaper articles, and any other content which can provide value to your students.
Using URLs is a way of making your Leo unit a dynamic, engaging, interactive learning space.
The URL tool allows you to link to external content available on the internet, from within your LEO unit. The tool allows you a lot of flexibility around how the content of this website will display. Options include: 'Automatic', 'Embed', 'New window', 'Open' and 'In Pop-up'. You can even pass internal information from the LEO environment over to the external website, but it is recommended you don't make use of this functionality unless you are an advanced user.
- To learn more, please read 'How to add a URL to a LEO unit'.
By linking to external content using the URL tool, you are able to make your static LEO unit into a more dynamic online space. You can link to news articles and relevant content, and update your links as appropriate. By editing the settings within your URL activity you can alter how the content in the URL will be displayed, who is able to view the link, and when. At its most basic, a URL will display as a link which is available in your LEO unit.
Page last updated: 2017-06-28
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/948604