Individual or teacher defined comments are free text comments which can be added to targeted areas in the student assignment.
- bubble comments;
- text comments;
- general comments;
- voice (audio) comments;
- highlight text or strikethrough.
Bubble comments allow teachers to add individual comments to any location within the student assignment.
How to add a bubble comment
Bubble comments are selected by clicking the dark coloured bubble icon in the top right of the document viewer.
- Ensure the Bubble comment icon is turned on in the top right of Grademark.
- Drag the comment button to a location in the student assignment or click on a location in the student assignment for the comment button to appear
- Click ‘Save’.
- A bubble icon will appear in the student assessment document.
- Use your mouse to hover cursor over the comment to read. The content of the comment will appear in a pop-up. Click the edit option within the comment to make changes.
- To delete a bubble comment, hover over the comment and click the trash icon.
- To move a comment hover cursor over the comment and drag to a new location.
Text comments allow teachers to write directly onto the student assignment. They are best suited to marginal comments in white spaces of the student assignment.
How to add a text comment
Text comments are selected by clicking on the dark coloured T icon in the top right of the document viewer.
- Click a location in the assignment where you would like to add an inline comment, such as a white space on the margin of the assignment.
- Type into the text box to write directly on the student submission and click away from the text box to automatically 'Save'.
Note: Text comments can be difficult to read if they are added ao an area of an assignment which already has text in it. The text comment is most legible when added to blank areas of the assignment, such as the margin.
To move the text comment, hover your cursor over comment and when a four headed arrow appears, click and drag to another location.
Individual comments are added directly into the student assignment and function similarly to an annotation.General comments are to provide overall feedback about the whole assignment.
General comments are either text or audio.
Text comment (5000 characters limit)
To add a general comment to an assignment submission in GradeMark:
- Ensure the General comment icon is selected
- Click on the ‘View/edit a general comment’ and add your feedback
- Click 'Save' to finish.
- If you need to edit, click on “View/edit’
Note: You can also copy and paste text directly into the General comments text box from a Word document!
Voice comment (3 minute limit)
- Click the ‘Record’ button
- An Adobe Flash Player settings will appear, click ‘Allow’ and close.
- To record click on the 'Play' button. You have the option to 'Pause' or 'Stop' to finish
- You can review your voice message by clicking on the 'Play' button.
- Once you are happy with the recording, click the 'upload' button.
- To delete the recording and make another, choose the delete option.
Note: It is not possible to edit a recording
The highlight option allows teachers to select text on the student assignment and provide different colour codes linked to comments. You can also use the highlight option to select text in the assignment and use the strike through option in sections or specific words within the student work, similar to what you may do in a mark up document.
How to highlight
Ensure the bubble icon is turned on in the top right of GradeMark. Hover cursor over the area of text and use the mouse to select the text in the student assignment.
- Click the comment button or the QuickMark comments to add more context around the highlighted section.
- Click 'Save'.
- Click the 'edit' option within the comment to make changes..
How to strikethrough
- Select sections of the text or single words in the document that will contain the strikethrough.
- Press the 'delete' button.
To delete a highlight or strikethrough hover over the comment and click the trash icon.