QuickMark comments are called 'Marks' and stored in the QuickMark manager, although there are no grades attached to a comment.
The QuickMark manger includes pre-defined sets created by Turnitin, however you can also create your own QuickMark comments and sets.
QuickMark sets can be a really useful tool to increase consistency in marking and providing feedback to students in the same unit, as it creates a quicker and more efficient way of marking by creating libraries of frequently used personalised feedback.
QuickMark sets need to be created during the grading process and students must submit an assignment to access the QuickMark manager.
There are two options to access GradeMark and the QuickMark manager. These include:
1. Clicking on the student submission title and selecting the GradeMark tab to activate
2. Clicking on the pencil icon next to a student assignment to access the GradeMark directly
By default the GradeMark will default to the QuickMark icon located in the bottom of the page. To access the manager click on the spanner icon.
There are two columns
Customised QuickMark sets can consist of either pre-defined or custom QuickMark sets or a mixture of both.
Customised QuickMarks are only linked to your account, to share them with others you need to use the export/import option.
Note: it is not possible to access the QuickMark manager via the rubric icon located in the submission inbox or the Turnitin assignment settings via GradeMark options. These will only access the Rubric Manager.
As you are marking students work you might like to add your own comments to a set you have created for a specific purpose.
- You can add your comments to an existing QuickMark set by choosing this option in the bubble comment 'add to QuickMark link.
- Alternatively you can create your own QuickMark set and add either existing comments from other QuickMark sets or create your own.
Create a QuickMark set
- Click the open QuickMark manager.
- In the QuickMark manager click the + sign under the ‘Sets’ column.
- Enter the name of the new QuickMark set and click ‘Save”. By default the new QuickMark set will be empty. Sets can be populated with your own comments or existing comments from a QuickMark set.
Populate a QuickMark set manually
- Ensure you are in the QuickMark manager and the set you wish to add comments to is selected.
- Click the + sign under the Marks column.
- Add a title and description of your comment.
- Click ‘Save”.
Populate QuickMark set from other sets
- Ensure you are in the QuickMark manager
- Select the set including existing comments you wish to add to your own set
- Under the Marks column highlight the marks you wish to add to your own set (if more than 1 use the CTRL +SHIFT option to select multiple Marks)
- Click the ‘Actions’ button at the top right of the QuickMark Manager
- Click ‘add to set’
The ‘Commonly used’ set is the default and will appear in the comments area when you first access GradeMark.
To change this default to your preferred QuickMark set option:
- Ensure you are in the QuickMark Manager and selected the appropriate QuickMark set.
- Click on the button called ‘Make this the Active set’
- When the set is selected it will read: 'This set is active’
- Click Close button to close the QuickMark Manger