QuickMark comments are commonly used editing marks to provide feedback to students. These help speed up the process of adding similar comments to multiple assignments.
The GradeMark system automatically provides six QuickMark sets consisting of commonly used marks and standard corrections, these include:
- Commonly used
- Composition marks
Each of the sets includes standard text which cannot be changed however lecturers can choose to add additional comments to pre-defined sets or create their own sets and marks.
How to access and use pre-defined QuickMark's
To add an existing pre-defined QuickMark comment to a student assignment:
- Click on the bullet points located in the top right of the QuickMarks, by default this should appear in the GradeMark as ‘commonly used’. To choose another set select one of the pre-defined QuickMark sets from the drop down menu.
- Move your cursor over the comments included in the set, the content of each comment will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Click and drag a pre-defined comment to a location on the student paper.
- Click ‘Save’
- A bubble icon will appear in the student assessment document with the title of the QuickMark
- Move your cursor over the comment to read. The content of the comment will appear as a pop-up.
- To delete a QuickMark comment, hover over comment and click the trash icon.
- To move a comment hover cursor over the comment and move to a new location.
How to add additional comments to a pre-defined QuickMark
QuickMark pre-defined comments cannot be edited, however additional comments can be added via the 'additional comments' option.If a rubric is attached to your assignment you can also associate a comment with a rubric criterion by clicking on the 'Associate a criterion' dropdown menu.
- Click on the bullet points located in the top right of the QuickMarks, by default this should appear in GradeMark as ‘commonly used’. To choose another set select one of the pre-defined QuickMark sets from the drop down menu.
- Hover over the comments included in the set, the content of each comment will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Click and drag a predefined comment to a location on the student paper
- Click ‘Save’
- Click the edit option, a text box will appear. Add your own additional comments and click 'Save".
Note: if your text includes a website address, this will automatically become a link in the additional comments.
How to add your own comments to an existing QuicKMark
As you are marking students work you might like to add your own comments to QuicKMark for a specific purpose.
- Ensure the Bubble comment icon is turned on in the top right of GradeMark
- Drag comment button to a location in the student assignment or click on a location in the student assignment for the comment button to appear
- In the comment box enter text
- Click on the link 'Save as a new QuickMark"
- Add a title for your comment and under 'set' choose a set to add your comment to
- Click 'Save'
This will allow you to reuse this comment in other student assignments.
Alternatively you can create your own QuickMark set and add either existing comments from other QuickMark sets or create your own. We will look at this option in more detail under QuickMark sets.