How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
QuickMark comments are commonly used editing marks to provide feedback to students. These help speed up the process of adding similar comments to multiple assignments.
The GradeMark system automatically provides six QuickMark sets consisting of commonly used marks and standard corrections, these include:
- Commonly used
- Composition marks
Each of the sets includes standard text which cannot be changed however lecturers can choose to add additional comments to pre-defined sets or create their own sets and marks.
How to access and use pre-defined QuickMark's
To add an existing pre-defined QuickMark comment select the blue feedback summary area and click on the tick box icon 'QuickMarks'. Alternatively select a location in the student assignment and select the tick box option.
- By default QuickMarks default to 'commonly used' to choose another QuickMark set click on the drop down menu..
- Move your cursor over the comments included in the set, the content of each comment will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Click and drag a pre-defined comment to a location on the student paper.
- Click away to ‘Save’
- A bubble icon will appear in the student assessment document with the key words displayed as well as your initials.
- Click on the comment to read. The content of the comment will appear as a pop-up, click away to close
- To delete a QuickMark comment, click on the comment and select the trash icon.
- To move a comment hover cursor over the comment and move to a new location.
NOTE: viewing QuickMarks from the blue feedback summary area allows you to preview comments before adding to the student assignment
How to add additional comments to a pre-defined QuickMark
QuickMark pre-defined comments cannot be edited, however additional comments can be added via the 'additional comments' option.If a rubric is attached to your assignment you can also associate a comment with a rubric criterion by clicking on the 'Associate a criterion' dropdown menu.
- Click on the bullet points located in the top right of the QuickMarks, by default this should appear in GradeMark as ‘commonly used’. To choose another set select one of the pre-defined QuickMark sets from the drop down menu.
- Hover over the comments included in the set, the content of each comment will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Click and drag a predefined comment to a location on the student paper
- Click ‘Save’
- Click the edit option, a text box will appear. Add your own additional comments and click 'Save".
Note: if your text includes a website address, this will automatically become a link in the additional comments.
How to add your own comments to an existing QuicKMark
As you are marking students work you might like to add your own comments to QuicKMark for a specific purpose.
- Ensure the Bubble comment icon is turned on in the top right of GradeMark
- Drag comment button to a location in the student assignment or click on a location in the student assignment for the comment button to appear
- In the comment box enter text
- Click on the link 'Save as a new QuickMark"
- Add a title for your comment and under 'set' choose a set to add your comment to
- Click 'Save'
This will allow you to reuse this comment in other student assignments.
Alternatively you can create your own QuickMark set and add either existing comments from other QuickMark sets or create your own. We will look at this option in more detail under QuickMark sets.
Page last updated: 2017-06-26
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1105090