How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
You can add Grades via GradeMark or the Originality report, by clicking on the Grades area located in the upper right corner of the Turnitin interface.
1. Click on the -- icon, enter a grade and press 'Enter' on your keyboard.
2. Navigate to other submissions using the arrows next to the student name, directly above the Grades. Alternatively click on 'Page 1- " and select the student name from the drop down menu.
Note: Only individual assignments are currently available in Turnitin. If you filter the Turnitin submission inbox by group, once you are in the GradeMark interface the navigation options will operate by the whole class. If you have a large cohort of students you should close the feedback studio view and return to the assignment submission inbox to select the next student in a group.
Turnitin pushes grades from the Grade field located in GradeMark or Originality report to the Turnitin assignment submission inbox through to the LEO unit grades area.
Note: if you have made any changes directly in Grades this will not be pushed back to Turnitin.
Only numerical grades are currently available in Turnitin. While the Turnitin assignment settings and the LEO unit grades work independently of each other, it is possible to display the Turnitin assignment grade as a letter in the Gradebook.
1. Navigate to 'Grades' via the Administration block located in your LEO unit.
2. Click on the tab 'Set up'.
3. Under 'Categories and items' click on 'Edit" next to the the category to change the whole Grade view or next to the Turnitin assignment to only change an item display.
4. Click on 'Edit settings'.
5. Under 'Grade item' click 'Show more" ...
6. Under the Grade display change to 'Letter'.
7. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Save changes'.
If a rubric includes decimal points the Grade will automatically round off to whole numerical value.
To circumvent this setting, leave the Grades field in the Turnitin assignment empty. Go to Grades under the 'Administration block' and either enter grades manually or use the bulk upload option to manually upload grades into the Grades via the 'Import tab'.
Note: if this is a unit with a large cohort of students, you will be have mechanisms in place to gather feedback from staff as they are marking.
For more information about exporting grades in Gradebook, see Exporting grades as a spreadsheet
For more information about importing grades in Gradebook. see Importing grades
Page last updated: 2017-06-29
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1106757