How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
To add a Page to your LEO unit you will need to:
- Click 'Turn editing on'
- Navigate to the section of your LEO unit you want to add the Page
- Click 'Add an activity or resource'
- Scroll through the options provided. Under 'RESOURCES' select 'Page' and then 'Add'
- In the new page that opens, you are able to edit the Settings for your Page resource, and add the content. Some sections of your Page activity are compulsory, you can identify these by the red asterisks which are located next to the field name.
To explore some of the Settings which are unique to the Page activity, please click on 'Other settings' below.
The Page editing screen contains two fields in which you can enter your content; the 'Description' field and the 'Page content' field. If you are unable to save your LEO Page or no content is displaying, the most likely reason is that you have entered your content into the 'Description' field, and not the 'Page content' field!
You are unable to save your Page until there is content in the 'Page content' field. Fields which are compulsory to complete are marked with a red asterisk. Fields which are optional are not.
Once you have entered content of any kind, including text, into the 'Page content' field, you will be able to click on 'Save and return to unit'.
One setting which is unique to the Page activity is the 'Appearance' setting. To access the Settings for your Page resource you need to:
- Click 'Turn editing on'
- Navigate to your Page. Click on the 'Edit' icon to the right of your Page title, then click 'Edit settings'
The Settings available to you under the 'Appearance' heading are:
There are two options available: 'Open' and 'In pop-up'. Selecting 'Open' means your Page will open inside your LEO unit. Selecting 'In pop-up' means that your Page will open in a smaller, separate window.
Pop-up width (in pixels)
If you select 'In pop-up' for 'Display', you will be able to select the width of your pop-up window. Enter your width in whole numbers.
Pop-up height (in pixels)
If you select 'In pop-up' for 'Display', you will be able to select the height of your pop-up window. Enter your height in whole numbers.
Display page name
Clicking the check box will mean that your Page name will be displayed on the Page itself (recommended).
Display page description
Clicking the check box will mean that any content you have entered in the optional 'Page description' field will be viewable from the main page of your LEO unit. This can be useful, depending on the content you are displaying in your LEO unit.
Ensure you click 'Save and return to unit' when you are done.
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/897237