How to collaborate with colleagues
If you want to give an ACU colleague access to update your Equella resources, you can add them as a Collaborator. A Collaborator can modify existing versions, and create and publish new versions on your behalf.
Add a Collaborator
- Locate the item in Equella and select the Details tab.
- Select the 'Change ownership' link.
- Select the 'Add collaborators' link:
- Use the search box to find other users in the system to add as collaborators. Type the username of the person you wish to add (usernames are generally the first two letters of the first name combined with the last name), or you can search by first and last name. When you find the user, tick the box next to their name and select the 'Select these users' button:
Note: The search function might sometimes not find the person you're looking for, even if you enter their name correctly. If this happens, try using a different search term (such as the username) if you can.
- You will then be returned to the "Owners and collaborators" screen, where you will see the names added to the collaborators list.
Change an item Owner
Owners and collaborators both have the ability to modify, update and publish resources, however only the item owner can add new collaborators. Usually, it is not necessary to change the owner, as collaborators possess similar editing capabilities. If you need to transfer a large amount of your items to another user for any reason (such as leaving the University), contact your Faculty eLearning representatives and they may assist you in organising this task.
If you wish to assign a new Owner, but still have the ability to edit the item, you must first add yourself as a Collaborator.
To change the Owner of the item:
- In the "Owners and collaborators" section, select the 'Change' link next to your name under the "Owners" heading.
- Use the search box to find another user. Tick the box next to their name to select them.
- Select the 'Select this user' button to confirm the user as the new owner.
This new owner now has exclusive rights to add collaborators and change ownership.