How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
There are three steps required to adding a YouTube video to your LEO unit via a HTML block. These steps are:
- Locate the 'embed' code for the YouTube video you want to have in your LEO unit.
- Add a Label to your LEO unit.
- Copy and paste the 'embed' code into the 'Label text' field of your Label.
Step 1: Finding the 'embed' code for your YouTube video
To find the embed video for your YouTube video you will need to:
- Locate the YouTube video you would like to make available to your students in your Label. An example might be this video 'Welcome to Australian Catholic University for Undergraduate students'.
- Click on the 'Share' button, then click on 'Embed'.
- Click on 'SHOW MORE'. From here, you can select the appropriate settings. The settings you select at this step will alter the 'embed' code in the field above. When you are happy with your selections, 'copy' the embed code. You will need this later to 'paste' into the 'Label text' field in your Label.
Step 2: Adding a Label to your LEO unit
- To add a Label to your LEO unit, please follow the steps in 'How to add a Label to your unit'.
Step 3: Copy and paste the 'embed' code (widget) into the 'Label text' field of your Label
After you have added your Label to your LEO unit, you will be directed to the 'Updating: Label' page.
From the 'Updating: Label' page you now need to:
- Click on the 'Toolbar toggle' icon. This is the icon at the top right side of the 'Content' field. Clicking on this icon will make all of the editing options for the HTML block available to you.
- Click on the 'Edit HTML source' icon. It is located next to 'Font size' on the botton row of icons, and looks like this: <>.
- Clicking on the 'Edit HTML source' icon will open a new pop-up window called the 'HTML source editor'. Simply copy and paste the embed code from your YouTube video into this pop-up window. Click 'Update' once you are done. Clicking on 'Update' will close the pop-up window.
- Click 'Save changes' when you are done.
Page last updated: 2017-06-29
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/948796