How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
- Navigate to your unit from within LEO.
- Click 'Turn editing on'.
- Scroll down to the section in your Moodle site you would like to add the Book, then click on ‘Add an activity or resource’. From the options given under the ‘RESOURCES’ heading select ‘Label’ and then click on ‘Add’. In the new page that opens up you will be able to edit the settings for your Label.
NOTE: Clicking on any of the section heading on the Settings page will expand that section, allowing you to edit the Settings as appropriate. Alternatively, you can click on ‘Expand all' sections.
- Unlike any other LEO tool or resource, you do not have to enter content into the 'Label text' field. If you don't enter content, and click 'Save and return to unit', then your Label will function as a 'spacer', providing a blank space in the area in which you have placed it. Otherwise, add content to your LEO unit as appropriate.
- Once you have selected your settings as appropriate, click ‘Save and return to unit’.
There are no settings which are specific to the Label within LEO. Functionalities available to you from the Settings page include the ability to:
- 'Hide' and 'Show' your Label to your students.
- The ability to add access restrictions to your Label, based on Activity completion, Grade, or other criteria selected by you.
- Enable and disable activity completion. For example, you can require your students to manually mark the Label to acknowledge they have viewed or read it.
Moodle Tip: Course Design Strategy
In this video, the author demonstrates how to add activities and content to 'hidden' sections of your LEO unit, which can then be linked to in Labels. In the given example, the same Quiz activity is linked to multiple times within the same LEO unit in a Label which has been added to every section (as opposed to adding a new Quiz to every section).
While the interface shown in this video is now quite dated, the same principles still apply.
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/948753