How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
Kaltura media can be published to your LEO units directly from your My Media page and will be available to all students in your unit via the Kaltura Media Gallery link.
You can also add media directly into your LEO unit in a few different ways. The first is to use the Video Resource activity option describes below, but you can also embed a video in a label or text field or embed a video in an ePortfolio page as well.
How to add a Kaltura Video Resource
This method allows you to insert a link to a video in your Media library into your LEO unit, which will open it in a new page. You should already have the media you want to use saved in your library.
1. In your LEO unit, turn editing on, then click the 'Add an activity or resource' link in the section where you wish to add the video link.
2. From the resource types, choose the 'Kaltura Video Resource' option and then click the 'Add' button.
3. Give your resource a name (which will become the link text) and a description, and change any of the common settings that you with to set.
4. Under the Video section, click the 'Add media' button. This will open a window that allows you to choose the video you wish to add. At the top of the window are some options that allow you to choose videos from multiple galleries, and search, filter or sort your media:
5. When you have found the video you want to link to, select it from the media list by either just clicking the 'Select' button for that video, or click the arrow beside it and choose the size of the video you wish to link to (note that if you do not select a size here it will default to medium):
6. Once you choose a size, the pop-up window will close and return you to LEO. Click the 'Save and return to unit' button to save your video link.
The link to the video will now appear in your unit as a text link, and it should open on a new page as an embedded object.
Page last updated: 2017-12-07
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1364870