How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
The Kaltura service enables you to upload video content, and make it accessible to students via a link in your LEO unit.
- If you would prefer to embed your Kaltura media content, please read our LEO Guide: How to embed a Kaltura video
To upload a video resource into Kaltura, and link to it from within your LEO unit you:
- Navigate to your unit from within LEO.
- Click on 'Turn editing on'.
- Navigate to the section within your LEO unit you would like to add the Kaltura resource to, then click on 'Add an activity or resource'.
- Click on 'Kaltura Video Resource' from the options provided, then click on 'Add'.
- In the new screen that opens, give your Video upload a meaningful name. Scroll further down the page and click on the 'Video' heading to expand the section.
- Click on the 'video camera' icon to open the Kaltura media interface. Alternatively, you can click the blue 'Add media' button.
- The Kaltura media interface will open in a popup window. Click on 'Add new' to access a dropdown menu of options: 'Media Upload', 'Webcam recording', 'Video Presentation', or 'Screen Recording'. Select 'Media Upload'.
- Click on 'Choose a file to upload'. Then using the file picker, select the file on your computer or device you would like to upload.
- In the next screen you are able to give your recording a name, a description, and add some tags.
- Click 'Save' if you would like to save your video upload to the Kaltura platform. Click 'Back to browse and embed' if you would like to embed the video content into your LEO unit.
- In the next screen you will be able to see a preview of your video. To the right of the preview is a dropdown menu. Select the size that you want your video to display from the options provided.
- Once you have made your selection the Kaltura window will close and you will be returned to LEO. Click 'Save and display'. Your video has been upload to the Kaltura platform and is available for you to reuse from the 'My media' tab. Your video will also be available to your students as a link from within your LEO unit. When they click on the link the video will be playable from within LEO.
You are able to reuse the same video content across multiple LEO units, without having to reupload it. To add a video to your LEO unit that you have previously uploaded into Kaltura, simply follow the steps above (1 through 7) and then click on the 'My media' button at the top left hand side of the screen.
Pedagogical benefits of videos for teaching and learning. (n.d). Institute for Teaching and Learning Innovation, University of Southern Queensland. Available at: http://www.uq.edu.au/teach/video-teach-learn/ped-benefits.html [Accessed 18 Aug. 2016].
Page last updated: 2017-06-26
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1098104