How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
There are three steps required to adding a Kaltura video into an ePortfolio page. These steps are:
- Locate the 'embed' code for your Kaltura video
- Add a Page to your ePortfolio
- Paste the 'embed' code from your Kaltura video into the HTML field on your ePortfolio page
Step 1. Find the Embed code for your Kaltura video
- Log in to the LEO environment
- From under the navigation block, click on 'Dashboard', then click on 'My Media'
- Select the Kaltura video from your library by clicking on it. The video will open in a new window.
- Click on the 'Share' icon in the top right hand side of the video. You can select the start time of your embedded video in the field, which will change the embed code. If appropriate, make sure you change the start time before you copy the embed code.
- Copy the embed code. You will need this to post into your Mahara page.
Step 2. Add a Page to your ePortfolio
- Follow the steps in this LEO Guide on how to add a Page to your ePortfolio.
- Add a 'text' block to your ePortfolio page by dragging the 'Text' option into position.
Step 3. Paste the 'embed' code from your Kaltura video into the HTML field on your ePortfolio page
- In the new window that opens you will need to give your new block a meaningful name, and then click on the 'Toolbar toggle' button to expand your options.
- Click on the 'Source Code' button, which is on the bottom row of buttons on the far right hand side.
- A pop-up window will open. Paste your embed code into the window the opens and click on 'Save' when you are done.
Your Kaltura video will now be embedded within your Mahara page. You can selectively choose who you want to share your ePortfolio content with at the Page level.
Embedding your Kaltura video into an ePortfolio page provides a way for you to share your video content with people outside of the Australian Catholic University.
Pedagogical benefits of videos for teaching and learning. (n.d). Institute for Teaching and Learning Innovation, University of Southern Queensland. Available at: http://www.uq.edu.au/teach/video-teach-learn/ped-benefits.html [Accessed 18 Aug. 2016].
Page last updated: 2017-06-29
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1160862