How to embed a Kaltura video
You are able to embed a Kaltura video into any activity or resource within LEO that has a Text editor field. Examples of activities and resources into which you can embed Kaltura content include the Label, the Book resource, and the Quiz.
To embed a Kaltura video into a Text editor field you need to:
- Click 'Turn editing on'
- Click on the link to the activity or resource you want to embed the Kaltura resource into.
- Ensure you are able to access the Text editor field. Put your cursor where you want your video to be embedded, then click on the 'Embed Kaltura Media' icon. It is in the top row of icons, on the far right hand side
- The Kaltura Media interface will open in a popup window. From here you are able to search for, and select the video you would like to embed into the field. You are also able to upload a new video by clicking on 'Add new'
- Once you have located the video you want to embed, click on the blue 'Select' button to the right of the video. From here you are able to select the size of your video.
- In the next screen you will see a preview of the size of your video. Click the 'Embed media' button on the bottom left of the page if you are happy with your selections.
- You will be returned to the Text editor field. Note: your video may display as a link at this stage. Click 'Save and return to unit'. Your embedded Kaltura content is now embedded in your LEO activity or resource.
Pedagogical benefits of videos for teaching and learning. (n.d). Institute for Teaching and Learning Innovation, University of Southern Queensland. Available at: http://www.uq.edu.au/teach/video-teach-learn/ped-benefits.html [Accessed 18 Aug. 2016].