How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
Depending on the settings you have selected, the Glossary tool within LEO can allow your students a tremendous amount of agency in the development of content. However there may be times when it is appropriate for you to 'vet' or approve the Glossary entries your students are contributing to your Glossary, before that content can be accessed by other students. Some reasons include:
- The content is being used by students to revise for a Quiz, or other assessment task
- You have enabled 'auto-linking' of the entries from your Glossary activity, meaning that an incorrect Glossary entry could be automatically linked to from a lot of different places within your LEO unit
You can enable or disable approval of Glossary entries from the settings page of your Glossary activity. To learn more, please read our LEO Guide - How to set up a Glossary.
To approve an entry in your Glossary you need to:
- Click on your Glossary from within your LEO unit. NOTE: You do not need to have editing turned on to do this.
- The number of entries which require approval will be available to you from this page as a link 'Waiting approval (5)'. [The number in brackets represents the number of Glossary entries which are awaiting your approval]. Click on this link.
- To approve an entry, click on the 'Approve' icon which is a green tick or checkmark.
- If an entry is approved by mistake, click on the 'Undo approval' icon, which is a circle with a line through it.
You are able to print out any of the entries which have been added to your Glossary. To print a Glossary entry, click on the printer icon at the top of the main Glossary page.
NOTE: Teaching staff in LEO always have access to a printer-friendly link. To make this link available to your students as well, you have to enable this on the settings page.
- To learn more, please read our LEO Guide - How to set up a Glossary.
Best practices: Working with Glossary (2013). Moodlerooms. [online] Retrieved from: http://www.moodlerooms.com/best-practices-working-glossary/ [Accessed 17 Jun. 2016].
Page last updated: 2017-06-29
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/948512