How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- ACU IT Service Portal for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
- Click on the title of the Forum you want to post your new discussion topic in.
- Click on the blue ‘Add a new discussion topic’ button.
In the new page that opens you will have the following options available to you.
Subject: This is where you enter the title of your post.
Message: This is where you enter the content of your post. You will notice that the WYSIWYG editor is used to create your post so you can use all of the affordances of the editor to format your message or add other media, such as an AV recording.
Discussion subscription: By putting a tick in the box next to this option, you are subscribing to this discussion topic. This means you will receive an email every time someone replies to this discussion topic.
Attachment: You can include documents with your message, such as a graphic illustrating a concept.
Mail now: Checking this box has two effects:
Firstly, you will not get the chance to edit your post once it is submitted. By default, there is a one-hour window, after posting where you can fix any mistakes or add to a post before it becomes visible to other participants. By checking this box, you lose that one-hour window.
Secondly, it may mean that students are notified of your post earlier. 'Mail now' does not mean email now; it means at the next available window. At the time of writing, forum email notifications are not sent out during business hours, they are sent out at 1:30am, 7:30am and 4:30pm. However, if a student logs into LEO before they receive the notification, they can still view the post.
- Click on 'Post to forum' when you are done.
NOTE: When adding a new discussion a teacher can make it 'sticky' (ensure it is listed at the top of the forum discussion) by clicking on the post and ticking the box to 'pin'. Any forum discussions which come after that will appear underneath this pinned post. If you wish to remove the pin it at a later click on the unpin option to to display as a regular forum discussion, moving down the list when others are posted.
Page last updated: 2017-06-26
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/893624