How to add a Folder to your LEO unit
To add a Folder to your LEO unit you need to:
- Click 'Turn editing on'
- Navigate to the section of your LEO unit you want to add the Folder to, then click on 'Add an activity or resource'
- From the options provided click on 'Folder' and then click on 'Add'
- Give your Folder a meaningul name. The name is what will be displayed in your LEO unit. Students will click on this name to access the Files you have uploaded into the Folder.
- You can either 'drag and drop' your Files into the Content field, or click on the 'Add' icon to find the Files on your computer or device.
- Click 'Save and return to unit' when you are done. Your Folder will now be displayed as a link from which ever section of your LEO unit you added it to.
If you are going to be reusing the files contained in your Folder in your LEO unit (for example a PDF) rather than uploading the same content multiple times, you may like to think about only uploading the Folder once, and linking to it from wherever you would like your students to access it from.
- To learn more about adding links to your LEO unit, please read our LEO Guide 'URL'
If you are interested in the Folder resource, you may also be interested in learning more about the Book resource. The Book resource is a series of sequential pages (or chapters) which can be used to display dynamic content.
To learn more, please read our LEO Guide, Book.
Alternatively, if you are interested in creating a dynamic series of pages which are non-sequential, with the added capability of embedded Quiz questions, you may like to lean more about the Lesson activity.
To Learn more, please read our LEO Guide, Lesson.
A Page resource is a dynamic webpage, where you can add text, images, embed video content from YouTube, Vimeo and Kaltura. It also allows to attached files within the page where you can build a context around your content.
To learn more, please read our LEO Guide, Page.
All these resources or activities use a text editor to enter text and add interactive elements to the resources and activities within your LEO unit.