How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
The Folder resource acts as a container for individual files and other sub folders. It creates an organised, hierarchical structure for information to displayed as a list. A Folder allows lecturers to display various files together in one place including Word, PPT, Excel, image files and PDF. However the downside of using the Folder is that it does not allow 'Content' or html to be added into the Folder resources and students will be forced to download files stored in the Folder resource.
You are able to hide and show your Folder from your students as required, and restrict access via group and groupings.
You may also be interested in learning more about the 'Book' resource, which contains a sequential series of pages (or 'chapters') within one resource, including images, files, html and media.
To learn more, please read our LEO Guide - Book
The Folder tool is not suitable for the purposes of assessing students, as only lecturers can create folders and add files directly into a LEO unit. It's primary purpose is to 'push' information through to students.
The Folder resource can be used to provide draft files the student is required to download, edit and resubmit to an assessment.
For examples, you could create a folder within LEO that contains:
- Word documents
- PPT file
- Excel file
- Images files
The Folder enables lecturers to add multiple files accessible via a single link in the LEO unit.
The main benefit of a Folder in your LEO unit is to create a branched structure of information that helps students conceptualise their learning.
Similarly, the 'Book' resource also provides a sequence of pages students can work through.
- To learn more about the Book activity, please ead our LEO Guide - Book activity
If you are interested in the Folder resource, you may also be interested in learning more about the Book resource. The Book resource is a series of sequential pages (or chapters) which can be used to display dynamic content.
- To learn more, please read our LEO Guide - Book.
Alternatively, if you are interested in creating a dynamic series of pages which are non-sequential, with the added capability of embedded Quiz questions, you may like to lean more about the Lesson activity.
- To Learn more, please read our LEO Guide - Lesson.
A Page resource is a dynamic webpage, where you can add text, images, embed video content from YouTube, Vimeo and Kaltura. It also allows to attached files within the page where you can build a context around your content.
- To learn more, please read our LEO Guide - Page.
All these resources or activities use a text editor to enter text and add interactive elements to the resources and activities within your LEO unit.
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1005711