How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- ACU IT Service Portal for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
- Navigate to your unit from within LEO.
- Click 'Turn editing on'.
- Scroll down to the section in your LEO unit you would like to add the Feedback activity, then click on ‘Add an activity or resource’. From the options given under the ‘ACTIVITIES’ heading select ‘Feedback activity and then click on ‘Add’. In the new page that opens up you will be able to edit the settings for your Feedback activity.
NOTE: Clicking on any of the section heading on the settings page will expand that section, allowing you to edit the settings as appropriate. Alternatively, you can click on ‘Expand all' sections.
- You will need to give your Feedback activity a name. It is also useful to enter text in the ‘Description’ text box, so that your students know what the Feedback activity is about, and what you are surveying them about. Click on the box next to ‘Display description on unit page’ if you would like the description to be visible from the main page of your LEO unit.
- Once you have selected your settings as appropriate, click on ‘Save and return to unit’ to return to the main page of your LEO Unit, or ‘Save and display’ to start adding questions to your Feedback activity.
NOTE: More information about each of the settings is available under ‘Other settings’ section of this LEO Guide.
You can use an 'anonymised' Feedback activity in your LEO unit, to support a flipped-learning approach in the classroom! Students can use the Feedback tool to ask questions which they are not comfortable asking in the face-to-face environment.
There are a few settings which are unique to the Feedback activity within LEO. The settings you select will alter the way your students are able to interact with the Feedback activity. These are explored in length below:
Questions and submission settings
Record user names
There are two options available in this dropdown menu: 'Anonymous' (responses won't be linked to student names), and 'User's names will be logged and shown with answers'.
Allow multiple submissions
If you select 'Yes' from the dropdown menu, users will be able to submit feedback multiple times.
Enable notification of submissions
If you select 'Yes' from the dropdown menu, you will receive email notification of Feedback submissions.
Auto number questions
If you select 'Yes' from the dropdown menu, the questions in your Feedback activity will be numbered.
Show analysis page
If you select 'Yes' from the dropdowwn menu, your students will be able to view the analysis page.
Any text you enter in this field will be made available to your students upon completion of the Feedback activity.
Link to next activity
You can enter the link (URL) of another activity within your LEO unit into this field. If you do so, your students will be taken directly to that activity upon completion of the Feedback activity.
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/949488