How to create a folder structure and add files
When you login to your portfolio you will be on the dashboard page. To get to your files select the main ‘Content’ tab at the top of the screen, and then the ‘Files’ tab in the sub-menu.
To structure your content, create folder(s) by typing the name of a folder in the text field next to the ‘Create folder’ button and clicking the button. The folder will appear at the ‘Home’ level of your files area. If you wish to create a nested folder, open the folder you want the new folder in and use the ‘Create folder’ text field and button again.
To add files, you will first need to agree with copyright restrictions. This means either acknowledging ownership or attributing material after checking the copyright box. When you have agreed with copyright conditions you can use the ‘Browse’ button under the to navigate to the document you wish to upload. Alternatively select a number of files in a finder window and drag and drop them into the grey dashed box area.
- You can upload files directly when adding content to Pages, however any content will be placed on the ‘Home’ level of the files area. You can go back to the files area after you have finished the page and re-organise the structure without breaking the links within the portfolio.
- By clicking on the icon of the file you want to move a dropdown of all the same level folders is displayed. Click on the hyperlinked name of the folder to move your file to this location. Repeat if you wish to nest it further.
- You are also able to navigate your folder structure using the breadcrumb hyperlinks at the top of the files table, which shows your current location.
- You can download any individual file by clicking on the icon, or you can download all of your content as a zip file via the link at the bottom of the page.
- Don’t upload Audio Visual files to the portfolio, rather link them from the ‘MyMedia’ streaming server to save file space and provide a superior viewing experience.