How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- ACU IT Service Portal for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
Echo360 Personal Capture is a stand-alone application that allows you to create screen and/or webcam recordings on your Windows or Mac computer. These recordings can then be published into your units and made available to students just like a live lecture recording. They can also be embedded within content, such as a Label, Page, Book or Quiz.
Personal Capture is a program that needs to be installed on your computer and can be used at home or work. In order to install Personal Capture you will need:
- A login to Echo360 ALP - All academics who teach, should automatically have a login to Echo360 ALP. If you are unable to log in, please contact Michael Sobek who will be able to assist.
- To be an Administrator on your computer - If you would like Personal Capture on your ACU owned computer, you may need to contact ACU Service Desk (extension 7272) to help with the installation.
Installing Echo360 Personal Capture
- Log into Echo360 ALP. If you have already added Echo360 ALP into your LEO unit via the External Tool activity, you can get in that way. Alternatively, login directly from echo360.org.au. When logging in directly, ensure the region is set to 'Asia Pacific', click 'LOG IN VIA INSTITUTION', then select 'Australian Catholic University'. If you get an error message stating 'User is not associated with an Echo360 account' or 'You are not authorized to access this page', contact Michael Sobek who will be able to assist.
- From the settings menu (cog icon), select 'Downloads', then select 'Mac Download' or 'Windows Download'. Once the file has downloaded to your computer, open it to install the software. You must be an administrator to complete this step. On an ACU computer, you may need to contact ACU Service Desk (extension 7272) to assist.
- When you first open Personal Capture you may need to login. This will link Personal Capture to your online Echo 360 ALP account and allow you to publish recordings directly into a LEO unit you teach in, or into your online personal library, where you can make the recording available to select individuals, groups or get the embed code to add the video directly into your LEO unit content.
- Personal Capture Guides
- Install Personal Capture for Windows
- Recording Captures with Personal Capture for Windows
- Publishing Recordings with Personal Capture for Windows
- Install Personal Capture for Mac
- Create a Recording in Personal Capture for Mac
- Publish a Recording from Personal Capture for Mac
Below are notes to assist you with your first personal capture.
1.You have control over anything that you capture; it can be viewed, edited and/or deleted without publishing. As long as it is more than 15 seconds long it will save.
2. As the Personal Capture application will capture everything on your desktop, think about what you want your audience to see - or not see!
Open anything you want captured and minimize those things you don't want to show immediately.
3. Launch the application. NOTE: nothing will be captured until you click 'Record'
Enter a title for your capture and also check or set your capture 'Input' and 'Output' settings.The 'Input' option includes a drop down menu.
4. Capture options include 'Audio only'; 'Audio and Display'; 'Audio and Video'; 'Audio, Display and Video'; 'Audio and two video sources'.
If you do not want to use 'Display and Video', you have an option to turn these off. However you must have audio to record. The 'microphone' input level is shown in the preview panes. If this is not moving to register sound, this may mean your microphone is not working.
5. Press 'Record'.
A 5 second countdown will appear at the bottom of the window. You can publish, review and edit or delete the recording.
Once you are ready to publish, the platform will ask for your username and password and the publishing details. Enter or edit the title and choose a location to upload the 'Persona Capture'.
NOTE: If it is not for a specific course or unit, you can save the 'Personal Capture' to your library.
For further information refer to http://help.echo360,org and search for 'Personal Capture'
Page last updated: 2017-08-18
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1310705