How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
Echo360 ALP allows the lecturer to link directly to individual recordings, instead of the full list of all recordings for a unit. This involves creating a single link for each recording.
Note: This process needs to be repeated for each individual lecture recording.
- Log into LEO and navigate to your unit.
- Turn editing on.
- Navigate to the section that you would like the link to the lecture recording, click 'Add an activity or resource', select 'External tool' then click the 'Add' button.
- Give your activity a name, for example "Week 1 - Lecture recording".
From the 'Preconfigured tool' dropdown list, select 'Echo360 Lecture Capture'.
- In the 'Privacy' section of the external tool untick the item 'Accept grades from the tool' so that this activity does not appear in the gradebook. Click the 'Save and return to unit' button.
- Click on the lecture recording link that you have just created.
- You will be taken to the Echo360 interface.
- Select the correct recording by clicking on the name. The recording name will be highlighted in light blue.
Click the 'LINK CONTENT' button.
- You will be taken to the Echo360 video player of that recording.
Close this window.
- The next time you or a student clicks on the lecture recording link in your LEO unit, they will be taken directly to the recording you selected.
Choose the correct section, if it is not already selected, then click the option for 'Link to specific content in your section'.
Page last updated: 2017-08-11
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1164469