How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
Echo360 ALP has a simple in-built editing function which allows you to remove sections of your recording. This is useful for times when you are showing copyrighted material in the classroom, or to remove private conversations. Any edits you make to your recording will be applied instantly, even after the recording has been published (made available) in your LEO unit. You are also able to restore your recordings to the pre-edited version if necessary.
To edit a recording made with Echo360 ALP you need to:
- Cick on the link to your Echo360 recordings from within your LEO unit. Note: you do not have to have editing turned on for this.
- You will see a list of all the recordings that have been added to your classroom. Click on the green icon to the right of the recording's title, then from the dropdown menu select 'Edit video'. If your video has been 'published' (made available to students) then you will get a popup window asking you if you want to continue. Click 'OK'.
- Your recording will open in a new screen. Underneath the recording is strip known as a timeline. The timeline is the editing interface for Echo360 ALP.
- Move the cursor to the position in the recording that you want to remove from the recording, and then click on 'Make cut'
- Move the cursor to the end of the section of the section you want to remove from the recording, and then click on 'Make cut'
- Click on the section of the timeline you want to remove from the recording, then click on 'Delete'. Repeat this step as many times as is necessary.
- Click on 'Apply edits', which is at the top right hand side of the screen. Note: You are able to restore your classroom capture to how it was before any edits were made. To restore your recording to how it was before you edited it, click on 'Restore'.
- You can return to the full list of recordings by clicking on the black arrow at the top left hand side of the screen.
Page last updated: 2017-06-29
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1104417