How to connect your Echo360 recordings to your LEO unit
You will need to make the Echo 360 lecture recordings available to your students. To do this you will need to add an external tool activity to your LEO unit:
- Login to your LEO unit.
- Click on 'Turn editing on'
- Navigate to the section you want to add the Lecture recordings to, then click on 'Add an activity or resource'. Click on 'External tool' then click on 'Add'.
- In the new screen that opens, you are able to access the settings for your external tool. Give your activity a name, for example 'Lecture Recordings'. From the dropdown next to 'External tool type' select 'Echo360 LectureCapture'.
- In the 'Privacy' section of the external tool untick the item 'Accept grades from the tool' so that this activity does not appear in the gradebook. Click the 'Save and return to unit' button.
- When you have been returned to your LEO unit, click on 'Turn editing off', then navigate back to the Lecture recording link and click on it. You will be taken to the Echo360 ALP page (outside of LEO).
- Your course, term, and section are displayed in Step 1. (Large Blue Highlight area).
- Click on the blue 'LINK CONTENT' button. This recording, and all other recordings made as a part of this course, will now be available to your students via the link in your LEO unit.
Note: You will only need to add your Echo360 recordings to your LEO unit once. By linking one class recording from your unit, all other recordings will be linked too. You must repeat this process for every unit you deliver.