How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
You will need to make the Echo 360 lecture recordings available to your students. To do this you will need to add an external tool activity to your LEO unit:
- Login to your LEO unit.
- Click on 'Turn editing on'
- Navigate to the section you want to add the Lecture recordings to, then click on 'Add an activity or resource'. Click on 'External tool' then click on 'Add'.
- In the new screen that opens, you are able to access the settings for your external tool. Give your activity a name, for example 'Lecture Recordings'. From the dropdown next to 'External tool type' select 'Echo360 LectureCapture'.
- In the 'Privacy' section of the external tool untick the item 'Accept grades from the tool' so that this activity does not appear in the gradebook. Click the 'Save and return to unit' button.
- When you have been returned to your LEO unit, click on 'Turn editing off', then navigate back to the Lecture recording link and click on it. You will be taken to the Echo360 ALP page (outside of LEO).
- Your course, term, and section are displayed in Step 1. (Large Blue Highlight area).
- Click on the blue 'LINK CONTENT' button. This recording, and all other recordings made as a part of this course, will now be available to your students via the link in your LEO unit.
Note: You will only need to add your Echo360 recordings to your LEO unit once. By linking one class recording from your unit, all other recordings will be linked too. You must repeat this process for every unit you deliver.
Page last updated: 2017-08-09
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1090390