How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- ACU IT Service Portal for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
To approve your students' Database posts for publishing you will need to:
- Click on your Database from within your unit (NOTE: You do not need to have editing turned on for this functionality).
- Click on the 'View list' tab to view all of your entries, or click on 'Search' to search for an entry via key words, the surname or first name of the author, time added, and other parameters. Locate your entry (or entries).
- You wil have four options available to you for each entry: 'Edit' will allow you to edit the entry, and is represented with a cog icon. 'Delete' will remove the enty permanently from your Database, and is represented by a cross icon. 'Approve' will make the entry available ("published") and is represented by a check mark icon. 'Export to portfolio' will upload the entry to Mahara (ACU's ePortfolio) and is represented by an an icon which looks like a piece of paper with an arrow on it.
Moodle Database. (2010). 1st ed. [PDF] Learning and Teaching Centre, University of Canberra. Retrieved from: http://learnonline.canberra.edu.au/pluginfile.php/843460/mod_book/chapter/1785/Moodle%20Database.pdf [Accessed 21 Jun. 2016].
Moodlerooms. (2013). Best practices: Diving into designing databases - Moodlerooms. [online] Retrieved from: http://www.moodlerooms.com/best-practices-diving-designing-databases/ [Accessed 21 Jun. 2016].
Page last updated: 2017-06-28
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/949082