How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- ACU IT Service Portal for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
The Book resource within LEO functions similarly to a print book. Content is presented in the form of pages (known as 'chapters') in a linear fashion. Chapters can contain text, links, embedded videos, and other multimedia content.
NOTE: When you add a Book to your LEO unit you will be prompted to add the first chapter. These instructions assume that your Book already has its first chapter.
To add a chapter to a Book:
- Click on 'Turn editing on'
- Click on your Book activity
- Navigate to the 'Table of contents' for your Book. It will be displayed at the top left hand corner of the page.
- Click on the 'plus sign' icon, to the right of the title of your first chapter
- Give your chapter a title, and add content
- click 'Save changes' when you are done. Your new chapter will now be displayed in your table of contents at the top of the page.
There are other options available for you within the Table of contents of a Book activity. These include:
Clicking on the pencil icon to the right of a chapter name will allow you to edit that chapter.
Clicking on the red cross icon to the right of a chapter name will delete that chapter.
Clicking on the eye icon to the right of a chapter name will 'hide' the chapter, meaning it won't be accessible to your students.
When you are inside the Book activity within LEO, the Administration block will have additional 'Book administration' functionalities. Some of these may not be relevant, however some you may want to be aware of including:
Edit settings - Click on 'Edit settings' to access the settings page for your Book resource.
Filter settings - The 'Filter settings' page for your book will allow you to 'toggle' (change) the options for how content will display in your Book. From the 'Filter settings' page you can alter Glossary auto-linking, and enable or disable multimedia plugins.
Logs - Logs are useful for if you would like to see which of your students have been accessing your Book activity, when, and for how long.
Backup - Clicking on 'Backup' will allow you to back up the content of your LEO unit, not just the Book activity.
Print book - Clicking on 'Print book' will open your book in a new window, in a format which will allow you to print all of the chapters of your book without having to open them individually.
Print this chapter - Clicking on 'Print this chapter' will open your current chapter in a new window. You can then print all of the content in this chapter, without printing the extraneous content on the page, such as the blocks, and LEO header image.
Page last updated: 2017-06-26
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/921370