How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
There are three steps required to adding a YouTube video to your LEO unit via a HTML block. These steps are:
- Locate the 'embed' code for the YouTube video you want to have in your LEO unit
- Add a HTML block to your LEO unit
- Copy and paste the 'embed' code into the HTML block
Step 1: Finding the 'embed' code for your YouTube video
To find the embed video for your YouTube video you will need to:
- Locate the YouTube video you would like to make available to your students via the HTML Block. An example might be this video 'Welcome to Australian Catholic University for Undergraduate students'.
- Click on the 'Share' button, then click on 'Embed'.
- Click on 'SHOW MORE'. From here, you can select the appropriate settings. The settings you select at this step will alter the 'embed' code in the field above. When you are happy with your selections, 'copy' the embed code. You will need this later to 'paste' into your HTML Block in LEO.
Step 2: Adding a HTML Block to your LEO unit
- To add a HTML Block to your LEO unit, please follow the steps in 'How to add a Block to your LEO unit'. Select 'HTML' from the options provided.
Step 3: Copy and paste the 'embed' code (widget) into the 'Content' field of your HTML Block
After you have added your HTML Block to your LEO unit, you will be directed to the 'Configuring a (new HTML block) block' page. On this page you can give your Block a title, and populate it with content.
From the 'Configuring a (new HTML block) block' page you now need to:
- Click on the 'Toolbar toggle' icon. This is the icon at the top right side of the 'Content' field. Clicking on this icon will make all of the editing options for the HTML block available to you.
- Click on the 'Edit HTML source' icon. It is located next to 'Font size' on the botton row of icons, and looks like this: <>
- Clicking on the 'Edit HTML source' icon will open a new pop-up window called the 'HTML source editor'. Simply copy and paste the embed code from your YouTube video into this pop-up window. Click 'Update' once you are done. Clicking on 'Update' will close the pop-up window.
- Click 'Save changes' when you are done.
While it isn't required, you may like to think about editing the settings within your embed code generator. By clicking on 'SHOW MORE' and editing the settings you are able to:
Adjust the video size to make it larger or smaller.
Show suggested videos when the video finishes (we suggest you leave this option unticked, otherwise a new video will start playing after your video has finished. You can't control which video this may be).
Show or hide player controls such as the play and stop buttons.
Show or hide video title and player actions.
Enable or disable privacy-enhanced mode. When you turn on privacy-enhanced mode, YouTube won't store information about your students unless they play the video (again, for privacy reasons this is the preferred option).
Page last updated: 2017-06-26
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/898580