How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
To add a Block to your LEO unit you need to:
- Click on 'Turn editing on'.
- Locate the 'Add a block' Block. This is usually located on the right hand side of the page under the Administration Block (depending on what other Blocks have already been added to your LEO unit).
- From the dropdown menu provided, select the type of Block you want to add to your LEO unit (click on 'Other settings' to read about some of the more commonly used Block types).
- After adding your Block, you will be returned to the main page of your LEO unit. In order to properly set up your Block, you will need to locate it. By default your Block will be located on the bottom left hand side of your LEO unit, underneath the 'Administration' block. Once you have located your Block, you will need to edit the Settings. The type of Block you have selected will dictate which settings are available for you to edit (for example, if you add a HTML Block you will also be able to add dynamic content at the next step). To edit the settings of your Block, click on the 'pencil' icon, then click on 'Configure [Block type] block'
- From the 'Configuring the [Block type] block' page you are able to edit where your Block is located throughout your LEO unit. The options available to you are:
- Display on page types - select which type of page your Block will display on (options are: 'Any type of unit main page' 'Any page', or 'Any unit page'),
- Default region - select the default regional in which your Block will display (main options are either left or right),
- Default weight - select the default weight of the Block. The weighting of your block will dictate where it will sit on each of the pages within your LEO unit. The location is calculated based on the weighting you have given this block, plus the weighting given to all of the other Blocks which are displayed on that page, meaning the location of your Block could change depending on the other Blocks you have added, and the weighting you have given them.
- Click 'Save and display' when you are done.
You can also relocate the Blocks within your LEO unit by 'dragging' and 'dropping' them into a location. NOTE: This will only relocate the Block within the page of the LEO unit you are on and not across all pages.
To 'drag and drop' a Block to a different location within your LEO unit you need to:
- Click on 'Turn editing on'.
- Locate the Block you want to relocate, then click and hold on the 'four arrow' icon to the right of the Block's name.
- While still 'holding' onto this icon, you can now 'drag' your Block into position. Once you 'let go' of the mouse button, your Block will lock into place in its new position.
There are many different kinds of Blocks you can add to your LEO unit, which serve a variety of purposes. Some of the more commonly used Block types are outines below:
The 'ePortfolio' Block is a way of drawing your student's attention to ACU's ePortfolio tool. This Block contains a direct link to the ePortfolio environment. This block is particularly useful if you are asking your students to publish content to their ePortfolio for the purposes of assessment.
The 'Latest badges' Block displays the latest badge a student has earned from within the LEO unit. Badges can be used to encourage your students to interact with the activities and resources within your LEU unit. Adding badges to your LEO unit, and displaying them in this way, is a form of 'gamification'.
Remote RSS Feed
RSS stands for 'Rich Site Summary'. RSS is a format useful for delivering regularly changing online content. Many news sites, blogs, and online publishers make their content available as an RSS feed. If you add an RSS feed to your LEO unit, your students will have access to a constantly changing stream of dynamic content, curated by you.
- To learn more, please read our LEO Guide: How to embed an RSS feed in a 'Remote RSS feeds' block
One of the most versatile blocks is the HTML block. This block can be used to display text, images, YouTube videos, social media Feeds, and other content you can 'draw in' or embed from the web.
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/898478