How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
There are times when you may wish for your students to submit their assignment materials (including Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, and/or Kaltura videos) as a group activity. To do this you will need to set up a Group Assignment activity in your LEO unit.
Being able to create Groups and Groupings is a prerequisite to learning how to set up group assignments. As a minimum, you will need to be able to:
In order to set up a Group Assignment you will need to:
- Enable Groups in your LEO unit. To learn how to enable Groups in your LEO unit click here. (Note: you only need to enable Groups in your unit once. When enabled, you will be able to apply Group settings on any activity and resource in your unit.
- Create Groups in your unit, and add students to them.
- Add your Groups to a Grouping (e.g. "Grouping for Assignment 1"). Groupings are a way for you to indicate to LEO which Groups you want it to draw from. For example, a student may be in multiple Groups, such as a tutorial group, a campus group, and a group for the purposes of a group assessment activity.
To add an Group Assignment activity to your LEO unit you will need to:
- Navigate to your unit from within LEO
- Click 'Turn editing on'
- Scroll down to the section in your LEO unit where you would like to add the Assignment activity (for example ‘Assessments’), then click on ‘Add an activity or resource’. From the options given under the ‘Activities’ heading Select ‘Assignment’ (it is the first option) and then click on ‘Add’. In the new page that opens up you will be able to edit the settings for your Assignment activity.
NOTE: Clicking on any of the section headings on the Settings page will expand that section, allowing you to edit the settings as appropriate. Alternatively you can click on 'Expand all'.
- Give your Assignment a name. It is also useful to enter text in the ‘Description’ text box, so that your students know what the Assignment is about. Click on the box next to ‘Display description on unit page’ if you would like the description to be visible from the main page of your LEO unit.
- Open the ‘Availability’ section and set the ‘Allow submissions from’ date, the ‘due date’ and the ‘cut-off date’.
- Open the 'Group submission settings' section and select the following options from the dropdown menus provided:
Students submit in Groups: Yes
Require group to make submission: If 'Yes' is selected, students who are not members of a group will be unable to make submissions.
Require all group members submit: If 'Yes' is selected, all members of the group must click the submit button for this assignment before the group submission will be considered as submitted. If 'No' is selected, the group submission will be considered as submitted as soon as any member of the student group clicks the submit button.
Grouping for student groups: If you don't select an option here, the default Grouping for the entire unit will be used. Select the Grouping which contains the appropriate Groups in this dropdown.
- Open the 'Common module settings' section and make appropriate selections next to 'Group mode' and 'Grouping'. Click here to learn about the different options available for 'Group mode'. From the dropdown menu next to 'Grouping', select the Grouping to which all your groups belong.
- Once you have selected other settings as appropriate, click on ‘Save and return to unit’ to return to the main page of your LEO Unit.
You are unable to use the Kaltura Media Assignment for Group assignment submission. If you wish for your students to submit a Kaltura Media Assignment as a Group, you will need to set up a Group Assignment activity.
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1161361