How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
There are various ways you can choose to mark student assignment submissions, these include
- Downloading and uploading marked assignments
- using a grading worksheet
- Manually marking assignments via Gradebook
In this section we look at how to manually add grades via the Gradebook:
Adding your grades manually into the Gradebook.
There are two ways of accessing the Gradebook within LEO. You can navigate to the Administration block and then click on 'Grades'.
Alternatively from .Assignment 'Grading summary', click on 'view all submissions' to access 'View Gradebook' from the dropdown menu.
You are now in the 'Grader report'
- Locate the column for your Assignment activity from within the Grader report.Click on the pencil icon to the right of the Assignment title at the top of the column. This will take you to the 'grader single view' of the Grader report for your Assignment activity.
- From here you are able to edit or update the grades for your Assignment activity. Enter all of the Grades into the appropriate column. You can also enter additional (short) feedback into the 'Feedback' column.
- When you have entered all of the marks into the Grade column click 'Save'. In the next window click 'Continue'.
Your students are now able to access both their grades, and their feedback files, by clicking on the Assignment activity from within your LEO unit.
NOTE: to mark individual student submissions, click on the 'Grade' button and use the next or previous arrows or the 'change user' dropdown menu to locate and mark another student.
You are able to upload a lot of the same grade into the Gradebook, in an action that is known as a 'Bulk insert'. You are able to insert the same grade to all students, or to upload one grade to all of the rows in the column that don't have a grade already entered. This is useful for if you want to award a zero grade to all of the non-submissions.
To perform a bulk insert of grades for an Assignment activity you need to:
- Locate the column for your Assignment activity from within the Grader report.
- Click on the pencil icon to the right of the Assignment title at the top of the column. This will take you to the 'single view' of the Grader page of the Assignment activity.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, below the grader report. Put a check in the 'Perform bulk insert' checkbox.
- Make your selection from the dropdown menu next to 'For'. Your options are for 'All grades' or for 'empty grades'.
- Insert a number into the 'Insert value' field.
- Click 'Save', then in the next window click 'Continue'.
The column representing this activity in your Gradebook has been updated with your newly inserted grades.
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1113676