How to view feedback, grades and rubrics
There are three overall types of feedback that may be provided by your tutor, which are all accessible in Turnitin Feedback studio.
If your tutor is using Turnitin to provide you with your final grade for your assessment, you will see a numeric score out of the potential maximum mark in the top section of Feedback Studio, as shown here.
Note: Your tutor may or may not put your overall numeric grade for your assignment in Turnitin. They may instead put the grade separately into the LEO Gradebook, which you can access by clicking the Administration -> Grades link in your LEO unit.
To access your tutor feedback in Feedback Studio, follow these steps.
1. Click the name of your submission in the My Submissions screen under the "Submission Title" column:
2. Once Feedback Studio has opened, click the blue speech bubble icon to view Instructor Feedback.
With the feedback panel active, you can view the three types of feedback.
3. Access your "Overall Feedback"
This feedback section is used by tutors to leave overall comments about your submission and is shown by default in a section titled either "Text Comment" or "Voice Comment".
Overall feedback is usually a few paragraphs of text under the Text Comment heading, but sometimes your tutor may use the "Voice Comment" feature to record a short piece of feedback as an audio sample. You will see basic play/stop controls to listen to the feedback if available.
4. Access your in-page "Quick Marks" and "Comments" by scrolling through your document and looking for blue and white comment bubbles:
With the feedback tool active, you will be able to see any annotations left by your tutor at specific points within your assignment document. Tutors use these comments to make short observations either on spelling and grammar, or on the themes and structure of your essay. These comments generally appear as small blue speech bubble icons that reveal the content of the comment when you click on them. They also include the initials of the tutor who left the comment.
5. Access your assessment rubric scores
Click the 'View Rubric' button at the top of the Instructor Feedback panel to open an overlaying window that contains the rubric for this assessment. The rubric section provides an indication as to how well you have performed in terms of each aspect of the assignment requirements. There should be a particular “block” on each row that is highlighted light blue to indicate how you scored in each assessment criterion.
Note: Your tutor may or may not provide feedback using all three of these methods. If you require clarification on something specific to the feedback you have been given, please contact your tutor.
ACU provides email and telephone support services for students and staff through its educational technology partner, Androgogic.
Please take the time to read through our Frequently Asked Questions below as you may find the answer you are looking for there.
The Support Desk operating times are:
- Monday to Friday, 8am - 10pm (Sydney Time)
- Weekends and NSW Public Holidays, 9am - 5pm (Sydney Time)
- Closed: Good Friday & Christmas
For Support Desk enquiries please contact us via:
- Telephone on 1800 246 442
- Calls made to the 1800 number from most fixed line telephones are free to the caller
- Calls made from public/mobile telephones or from overseas may be charged at a timed rate