How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
You will often be required to submit your assignments electronically through your LEO unit, and a Turnitin Assignment activity may be used instead of the regular Assignment activity to automatically assess your work for possible instances of plagiarism and referencing issues.
Turnitin quickly compares your assignment with a global database of billions of websites, research papers and student assignments to find text matches between your submission and other sources.
Turnitin returns a detailed Similarity report that shows what text in your assignment is similar to, or an exact copy of, text in another document found somewhere in the world. It can also help you identify where you have not adequately cited or referenced your sources.
For review of text matches and tutor feedback, Turnitin uses an interface called Feedback Studio. This combines the Similarity report to show text matches found by Turnitin, and a Feedback section, where you can see grades and comments left by your tutor.
- Learn correct referencing and citation practices in the Academic Skills unit
- For more information on plagiarism, see the ACU Academic Honesty Policy
- Find more information on assessments in the Assessments section of the Student Portal
Turnitin Feedback Studio
Turnitin Feedback Studio allows you to view your assignment submission with both the text matches found by Turnitin and the feedback left by your tutor. These are both accessible in the same interface, which you can access by clicking the title of your submission on the My Submissions screen for that assignment.
Key features of the Feedback Studio interface are:
- Information about your submission in the header (which includes a space for your final grade)
- A navy blue tab at the top left to switch quickly between pages of the submission
- The submission content in the centre, with either text matches or feedback shown (or both)
- The blue section in the right menu that contains a feedback link
- The red section in the right menu that contains text matches and sources links
- The grey section in the right menu of the document that shows information about your submission and the option to download.
- The bottom grey strip that provides a zoom function and page/word count information
When you click one of the tools in the right menu, a panel or pop-up window will appear that provides access to its functions.
ACU provides email and telephone support services for students and staff through its educational technology partner, Androgogic.
Please take the time to read through our Frequently Asked Questions below as you may find the answer you are looking for there.
The Support Desk operating times are:
- Monday to Friday, 8am - 10pm (Sydney Time)
- Weekends and NSW Public Holidays, 9am - 5pm (Sydney Time)
- Closed: Good Friday & Christmas
For Support Desk enquiries please contact us via:
- Telephone on 1800 246 442
- Calls made to the 1800 number from most fixed line telephones are free to the caller
- Calls made from public/mobile telephones or from overseas may be charged at a timed rate
Page last updated: 2017-07-28
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1143456