My LEO settings
Access your profile settings and preferences by clicking on your name at the top of the screen.
From here you can:
- access and edit your profile including uploading a profile picture
- access the grades of your marked assignments
- read any messages sent directly to you through LEO
- change your LEO preferences, such as how you would like to receive notifications for assignments due, forum posts and messages received
Clicking on your name at the top of any LEO page brings up a menu with options to personalise LEO for you.
In LEO select the 'Preferences' option from the menu.
Add an image to your Profile! This helps lecturers and fellow student identify who you are when posting to a forum or providing feedback to an assignment submission.
In LEO, from the 'Preferences' page, select 'Edit profile'.
Under 'User picture' it is possible to upload a profile picture of yourself. The profile picture will be available to lecturers and fellow students enrolled in your unit. It will also be visible during some activities; when you post in a Forum for example.
Having a profile picture is useful as it helps to put a human face to who you are, particularly if you are in a large unit where your lecturer/s can quickly associate 'important' posts in the Forums or assessment task submissions. I would also encourage students to upload their own profile pictures.
To upload a picture, drag a picture file into the box provided, or click on the 'plus' icon to browse for a file on your computer.
In LEO, from the 'Preferences' page, select 'Messaging':
Take some time to look at your messaging preferences. It is best to keep these at their default settings as lecturers may send important messages via announcements and forums or notify you of submission, feedback and grades.
To find out more go to the 'Preferences' page and select 'Messaging'.
Whenever certain actions occur LEO,may send you a notification, either in the form of an email or a popup. The popup will only appear if you are logged into LEO.
Some of the actions that might generate a notification include:
- Another LEO user sends a message to you through LEO
- Someone posts in a Forum that you are following
- Receiving a digital receipt when successfully submitting a Turnitin Assignment
You can choose how (and if) LEO will send you a notification in each category. Tick or untick each option to suit your situation. When you have finished, click 'Save changes'.
ACU provides email and telephone support services for students and staff through its educational technology partner, Androgogic.
Please take the time to read through our Frequently Asked Questions below as you may find the answer you are looking for there.
The Support Desk operating times are:
- Monday to Friday, 8am - 10pm (Sydney Time)
- Weekends and NSW Public Holidays, 9am - 5pm (Sydney Time)
- Closed: Good Friday & Christmas
For Support Desk enquiries please contact us via:
- Telephone on 1800 246 442
- Calls made to the 1800 number from most fixed line telephones are free to the caller
- Calls made from public/mobile telephones or from overseas may be charged at a timed rate