How to submit an assignment
The Assignment tool will often be used in your LEO units to accept assignment submissions digitally rather than requiring you hand-deliver a printed document. Where you see this logo next to the name of your assessment item in your LEO unit, you will be required to submit electronically.
This tool lets you submit various common file formats, such as Word documents, PDFs and PowerPoint files. You may be required to submit an ePortfolio page or collection instead. Submissions may be set up by your tutor to be either individual or group submissions. Make sure you check your unit outline and complete your assignment to the requirements set out by your tutor.
When you are ready to submit:
1. Click the assignment link in your unit to open the assignment, where you will see information about the assignment, such as the Due Date and the status of any submissions you have already made:
2. Click the 'Add submission' button to make a new submission
3. Add your assignment information using one or more of the available tools (depending on the submission requirements you may see one or more of the following options):
File Submission: Use the File Submission window to upload basic document types:
- Click the 'Add File' button in the File Submissions window, or drag and drop your assignment files into the Files window.
- Modify the details or delete a specific file already uploaded by clicking the icon for the file in the Files window and either changing the details or clicking the 'Delete' button
Online text: Type or paste your text into the Online text window and use the text editing tools to format your text.
Mahara ePortfolio: Choose a page or collection from the list that appears on this page (if you have ePortfolio content).
4. Click the 'Save changes' button to finalise your submission.
The Submission Status page will now show the details of your submitted files and text.
ACU provides email and telephone support services for students and staff through its educational technology partner, Androgogic.
Please take the time to read through our Frequently Asked Questions below as you may find the answer you are looking for there.
The Support Desk operating times are:
- Monday to Friday, 8am - 10pm (Sydney Time)
- Weekends and NSW Public Holidays, 9am - 5pm (Sydney Time)
- Closed: Good Friday & Christmas
For Support Desk enquiries please contact us via:
- Telephone on 1800 246 442
- Calls made to the 1800 number from most fixed line telephones are free to the caller
- Calls made from public/mobile telephones or from overseas may be charged at a timed rate