How to submit a video assignment
This guide will step you through how to submit a video assignment. There are different types of video assignments, so use this guide only if your lecturer has pointed you to this page.
Videos can be created in a number of different ways: screen capture software, mobile phones, webcams and yes, even video cameras. This guide is not about how to create your video, but do pay attention to the length of your video. A lot can be shown or said in a few short minutes. Aim for quality over quantity.
Also (unless your assignment is about cinematography) it is unlikely that you need to record in full high definition. A lower resolution video will still look good on a small screen.
Long videos and videos in high definition create a very large file sizes which can take minutes or in some cases hours to upload.
The steps below assume you have already created the video, have a video file and it is ready to submit. Video files come in a number of different formats. .mov, .mp4, .wmv and .avi are a few of the standard extensions of video files. How and what type of file is created shouldn't matter.
- Log into LEO, navigate to your unit and click on your video assessment link in the unit.
- Click on the 'Add submission' button
- An Online Text box will appear. Click the multi coloured 'Embed Kaltura Media' button. This is the last button on the first row of buttons.
- A new window will open up which is your Kaltura Media Gallery. Click the 'Add New' button and click the 'Media Upload' option from the drop-down menu.
- Click the 'Choose a file to upload' button.
- Select the video file from your computer that you want to submit.
- The file will begin uploading. The status of the upload is shown as a progress bar. When the upload is complete, the status turns green and the message 'Upload Completed' appears. The time to upload varies depending on the file size and your internet connection upload speed. This could be seconds through to minutes. In the case of huge files and poor internet, the upload could potentially take an hour or more!
- Change the name and add a description if required. Click the 'Save' button, then click 'Back to Browse and Embed'.
- Next to your video submission, click the drop-down arrow next to the 'Select' button and click on 'Large'.
- A frame of your video will appear in the window. Click on the slightly obscured 'Embed media' button in the bottom-left section of the window.
- You will be taken back to the Online Text box. The video name appears in a single line of text as a link in the text box. Click the 'Save changes' button.
- Once the changes are saved, you should see the 'Submission status' table. Your video should be visible in the table and can be played.
Congratulations, you have submitted your video file.
ACU provides email and telephone support services for students and staff through its educational technology partner, Androgogic.
Please take the time to read through our Frequently Asked Questions below as you may find the answer you are looking for there.
The Support Desk operating times are:
- Monday to Friday, 8am - 10pm (Sydney Time)
- Weekends and NSW Public Holidays, 9am - 5pm (Sydney Time)
- Closed: Good Friday & Christmas
For Support Desk enquiries please contact us via:
- Telephone on 1800 246 442
- Calls made to the 1800 number from most fixed line telephones are free to the caller
- Calls made from public/mobile telephones or from overseas may be charged at a timed rate