How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
You can create a new wiki page by making a new link to an intended new page in the content of an existing page. Once the link exists, you can visit this page and add new content to it. This can initially seem counter-intuitive, but it allows you to create new pages as you are creating new content. To make a new page:
1. Open the wiki page where you wish to add the link to the new page.
2. Click the 'Edit' button to load the page content into Edit mode.
3. In the page content, type the text you want to be the link, surrounded in double square brackets, such as [[ My New Page ]]. For example:
4. Click the 'Save' button to save the page content.
5. When you return to View mode, click the link to the new page you've made in the content, which should be a red text link:
6. On the New Page screen, make sure the 'HTML Format' option is selected, then click the 'Create Page' button.
You will then be taken to your new page to the Edit mode, where you may start adding content into your new page.
ACU provides email and telephone support services for students and staff through its educational technology partner, Androgogic.
Please take the time to read through our Frequently Asked Questions as you may find the answer you are looking for there.
The Support Desk operating times are:
- Monday to Friday, 8am - 10pm (Sydney Time)
- Weekends and NSW Public Holidays, 9am - 5pm (Sydney Time)
- Closed: Good Friday & Christmas
For Support Desk enquiries please contact us via:
- Telephone on 1800 246 442
- Calls made to the 1800 number from most fixed line telephones are free to the caller
- Calls made from public/mobile telephones or from overseas may be charged at a timed rate
Page last updated: 2017-06-28
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1200138