How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
Wherever you are, if you have internet access, you should be able to access LEO.
There are numerous links for LEO throughout the ACU website, including the 'current students' link located on the ACU homepage.
Here are some changes you'll notice in the student portal:
- You'll be able to access specific pages within the portal from external links! This means you won't need to navigate to that page from your homepage
- LEO will have single sign-on! This means that when you're in the portal, and access LEO, you won't need to sign in again!
To access LEO, click on the 'Current students'
You will see the new login page to enter your User ID and password to log into LEO
User ID: (student ID number)
Password: Enter your password (network password
In the student portal
Click on 'Units & Results' and select the 'LEO' button to access LEO (Learning Environment Online)
Accessing LEO from outside the Portal:
LEO can be accessed by typing the URL leo.acu.edu.au into the address bar of your browser.
The recommended minimum/supported browsers are:
- Google Chrome 30.0
- Firefox 25.0
- Safari 6
- Internet Explorer 9 (IE 10 required for drag and drop of files from outside the browser into Moodle)
You and your students can also view and interact with LEO content on mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets. Some functionality and editing capabilities, however, may be restricted on these devices.
Occasionally we come across compatibility issues with some of the tools, but as long as you are using one of the browsers above, the issues should be minimal.
Take time to familiarise yourself with the interface.
Some of the things to look out for on the Home page are:
- The 'Navigation' link
- The 'My units' link
- Your name at the top of the screen is also a menu for personal settings
- The 'Technical Support' link
Occasionally we come across compatibility issues with some of the tools, but as long as you are using one of the browsers listed above, the issues should be minimal.
The first time you log into LEO and/or at the beginning of each semester you must agree to the 'site policy agreement' including the 'Declaration of Originality and Academic Integrity' to access the LEO homepage and continue using LEO.
ACU provides email and telephone support services for students and staff through its educational technology partner, Androgogic.
Please take the time to read through our Frequently Asked Questions below as you may find the answer you are looking for there.
The Support Desk operating times are:
- Monday to Friday, 8am - 10pm (Sydney Time)
- Weekends and NSW Public Holidays, 9am - 5pm (Sydney Time)
- Closed: Good Friday & Christmas
For Support Desk enquiries please contact us via:
- Telephone on 1800 246 442
- Calls made to the 1800 number from most fixed line telephones are free to the caller
- Calls made from public/mobile telephones or from overseas may be charged at a timed rate
Page last updated: 2017-07-18
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1147624