How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
A Portfolio can be a single Page, or a Collection of Pages. A Collection can be associated with the evidence you need to provide to an accrediting professional body like AHPRA.
The sub-menu for Portfolio includes;
- Shared by me
- Shared with me
Once you have created your Page(s) you can share them via a weblink. You can also export and import any LEAP2A (ePortfolio standard) formatted content between different ePortfolio platforms.
There are two existing Pages: the Dashboard page and your Profile page. You cannot delete them, but you can edit them by clicking on the pencil icon. You can then change what you display on your dashboard and/or profile pages.
You can create a new Page by clicking on the ‘Create page’ button.
The first screen you encounter allows you to create the title and description of the Page. The title is mandatory, and you may want to think about tags for the page too. You can see across the top-right that the ‘Edit title and description’ button is greyed out (because you are currently on that Page, but it is there for you to come back later if you want to add more details to the Page.
Once you have entered a title and possibly a tag and saved your changes, you will be presented with the 'Edit content' screen. The menu on the left contains all the different types of content that you can add to your page by clicking and dragging the content you want into your page layout.
Content you can use include;
- Text – A HTML box you can create content with using the WYSIWYG editor
- Image – Any graphic saved in web format (.jpg, .png, etc)
- File(s) to download – Attach document(s) for viewers to download
- Folder – Create a folder for a collection of documents
- Image gallery – Create a collection of pictures
- Embedded media – Add an video link in your page (consider…)
- PDF – Add a document formatted as a PDF file
- Some HTML – Add some HTML code for interactivity
- Journal – Add an entire journal
- Journal entry – Add an entry from a journal
- Recent journal entries – Add the last 3, 5, etc entries in a journal
- Tagged journal entries – Add any journal entry with a specific tag
- Comments – Show comments made on your content
- Annotation – Add a note of explanation or comment to a text or diagram
- Creative Commons – Add ways you can share your content legally
- Navigation – Provides alternative ways of accessing your pages
- Plans – Include plans from your Content repository
- Recent forum posts – Add posts from group forums
- Note – Add a note you have created
- Personal info
- Profile information – Add profile info from your Content repository
- Social media – Add Twitter feeds, Instagram, etc.
- My entire resume – Add the resume from your Content repository
- One resume field – Add a single piece of information from your ePortfolio resume
- External feed – Embed an external RSS or ATOM feed (i.e. blog postings)
- External media – Embed a video from your MyMedia account, or YouTube etc.
- Google Apps – Add a google calendar, etc.
- Open Badges – Add an external Badge
The example above shows the 'Embedded media' options when you drag that content option onto a page. You can upload content directly to your repository from the Portfolio page. If you later reorganize your folder/file structure the link on your page will not be broken.
By default Page layouts are three equal columns, but you can change this to a number of pre-configured layouts or create your own custom layout.
Select the 'Edit layout' tab from the top-right of the Pages screen. You can choose any of the pre-configured layouts or choose to create your own by selecting the 'Create custom layout' button at the bottom of the screen.
A Collection is a number of Pages that have been combined into one link.
Select the Collections tab at the top-left of the screen and then ‘New Collection’. Like creating a Page you need to provide a name, and possibly a description and tag(s). By then Saving by clicking on the ‘Next: Edit collection pages’ button at the bottom left of the screen you select the pages you want to add to the collection.
Select the pages you want to add, click ‘Add pages’ when all check boxes have been checked and then the 'Done' button on the bottom-left of the screen to create your collection.
You can share your portfolio Pages or Collections with people outside ACU by creating a secret URL that you can share as a link via email, etc.
You can also set the access day(s) and time(s) for each link you create.
ACU provides email and telephone support services for students and staff through its educational technology partner, Androgogic.
Please take the time to read through our Frequently Asked Questions below as you may find the answer you are looking for there.
The Support Desk operating times are:
- Monday to Friday, 8am - 10pm (Sydney Time)
- Weekends and NSW Public Holidays, 9am - 5pm (Sydney Time)
- Closed: Good Friday & Christmas
For Support Desk enquiries please contact us via:
- Telephone on 1800 246 442
- Calls made to the 1800 number from most fixed line telephones are free to the caller
- Calls made from public/mobile telephones or from overseas may be charged at a timed rate
Page last updated: 2018-01-22
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1374204