How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
When you first login to your ePortfolio from LEO your profile is imported. If you have added a portrait in your LEO profile that will be brought into your ePortfolio, for example. This can be changed on your Profile page, only one of two editable pages that have already been created for you, the other being the dashboard page you are looking at when you login.
Your ePortfolio comprises of three separate functional areas. One stores all your Journals and files in folder structures you can create; this area is found under the Content tab at the top of the window under the banner. The second Portfolio tab is where you create Pages (or Collections of Pages) that you can use to display your content. The third Group tab allows you to find your peers and create groups where you can share content and discuss topics of interest.
You can alter the Dashboard page by clicking on the ‘Edit dashboard’ button. Along the grey banner at the top of the window you can search for users, access to your profile page by selecting your name, or change your ePortfolio Settings. It also displays your mailbox.
Navigating between Content and Portfolio pages
General account options
Setup the way your ePortfolio operates by configuring your account
Choose whether other users may add you to their friends list. If you are added to a friend’s list, the owner of that list is added to your list as well. When you remove someone from your friends list, you are also removed from their list. Options:
- Nobody may add me as a friend:no one may add you to their list.
- New friends require my authorisation:
your authorisation is needed for you to be added to a list. If you approve, they will be added to your list.
- New friends are automatically authorised:anyone may add you to their list.
An HTML editor is available for some sections of the site. This is known as a 'What you see is what you get' (WYSIWYG) editor. This allows you to apply formatting to your text, e.g. bold or italics, or embed graphics in your webpage. Note: HTML editors may appear and work slightly differently in some browsers.
Use this setting to indicate the default license for content you create or upload to the site. You will be able to override this on each piece of content as you create or upload it.
Note: The default license for any content is standard copyright, but you may choose a different default license for your content. If you are not sure which default license to choose, please check with your organisation as it may require you to use a specific license.
If in doubt which would be the best default license, you can ask the lawyer at your organisation or consult a copyright lawyer.
If you are a member in multiple institutions and choose "Use institution default", you will not be able to select the institution whose license you want to make the default one. One will be chosen by the system.
Use this setting to stop notifications being sent to you via emails.
Messages from other users
Use this setting to choose who you wish to receive messages from. Use the activity preferences area to decide how you will receive these messages. Note: These restrictions will not apply to administrators or staff. Options:
- Messages from other users:
Do not allow anyone to send me messages
- Messages from other users:
Allow people on my friends list to send me messages
- Messages from other users:
Allow anyone to send me messages
Show controls to add and remove columns when editing a page
You can choose to display a row with the buttons and in the page editor. These buttons add and remove columns from that page when you click on them. Even if not enabled, you can change the number of columns for your page in the page layout.
By default this option is turned on, so you can have more than one journal. If you would like only one journal turn this option off.
Maximum tags in cloud
Maximum number of tags to display in your tag cloud. Default is 20.
Maximum number of groups to display
Maximum number of groups to display in your "My groups" list in the sidebar. Leave blank to show all your groups.
- A to Z by default
- Earliest joined
- Most recently joined
Display information about how to use LEO Portfolio on the dashboard.
Show information about this site on the dashboard
If you ticked the checkbox, information about this site and what can be done with it will be displayed on your dashboard.
Mobile upload token
Enter a token for each of your mobile devices in a separate field. You can get a new field by clicking on the [+]. Enter one token each then on your mobile devices to enable uploads on them.
If you have any problems, reset the problematic token on Mahara and on the mobile device where it does not work.
Note: Tokens must be at least 6 characters long. They are changed automatically after each upload here and on the mobile device through which you uploaded content.
Resize large images on upload
"Automatic resizing of images" is enabled by default. Images larger than the maximum dimensions will be resized when they are uploaded. You can disable this default setting for each image upload individually.
When you have made your choices click ‘save’ at the bottom of the page to make these changes.
Your ePortfolio is accessed by clicking the 'My portfolio' link in the 'Navigation' menu after you have logged into LEO.
1. Log into LEO using your ACU username and password
2. Click the MyPortfolio link
ACU provides email and telephone support services for students and staff through its educational technology partner, Androgogic.
Please take the time to read through our Frequently Asked Questions below as you may find the answer you are looking for there.
The Support Desk operating times are:
- Monday to Friday, 8am - 10pm (Sydney Time)
- Weekends and NSW Public Holidays, 9am - 5pm (Sydney Time)
- Closed: Good Friday & Christmas
For Support Desk enquiries please contact us via:
- Telephone on 1800 246 442
- Calls made to the 1800 number from most fixed line telephones are free to the caller
- Calls made from public/mobile telephones or from overseas may be charged at a timed rate
Page last updated: 2018-01-15
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1374049