How to create a page and add media
'Pages' allow you to organise your 'artefacts', whether these are journals, files or images, and present these in a single page. The main reason for creating 'Pages' is to share them via the LEO assignment, for example you may create a page that contains information relating to a fieldwork, project work or placements and share this with your teacher via a LEO assignment
You may also have another page containing information and evidence relating to your continuing professional development, which you keep completely private as a record of progress through your studies.
The information is stored in your ePortfolio and re purposed for different assessment tasks You can use a 'Page' to distribute a single file or a range of evidence using the multiple media types included in the menu on the left side of the 'Page' such as text boxes, images, image galleries, videos, journals, PDFs etc.
1. Go to the Portfolio > Pages
NOTE: alternatively you can click on the 'create' option from the Dashboard.
2. Click 'create a page' and enter 'Pages' title in the text box and select 'save' (you can add a page description and tags is you choose.
3. From the edit content area of the 'Page' use the drag and drop options from the menu panel and drag to a location on the 'Page'. Pages layouts are set up by default with three columns)
NOTE: the menu connects you to your existing repository or allows you to upload evidence directly from your device.
See Types of media used in ePortfolio for more information
4. To adjust the number and width of columns choose the 'edit layout' or click the 'edit title and description' to change the title of the page.
5. To preview the page, click the 'display page' link at the top left or the button of the screen to see your page as others would see it.
If you have an existing 'Page' click on the pencil icon to edit or the 'trash' icon to delete from the results list
NOTE: if a page was submitted to a LEO assignment you will not be able to edit it.
Type of media used in ePortfolio Pages
- (HTML) Text boxes
- File(s) to download
- Image gallery
- Embedded media
- Journal entry
- Recent journal entries
- Entries to show
- Tagged journal entries
- Can allow feedback
- Creative Commons license
- Can allow/disallow commercial use of work
- Can allow/disallow modification of work*
- *As long as others share alike
- Version (3.0 or 4.0)
- Recent forum posts (can include posts from groups)
- Set number of posts to show
- Personal information
- Profile information
- Social Media
- My entire resume
- One resume field
- External feed
- RSS (Really Simple Syndication), ATOM Publishing Protocol (APP)
- External media
- Kaltura ‘My Media’, Prezi, Slideshare, etc
- Google Apps
- External feed
ACU provides email and telephone support services for students and staff through its educational technology partner, Androgogic.
Please take the time to read through our Frequently Asked Questions below as you may find the answer you are looking for there.
The Support Desk operating times are:
- Monday to Friday, 8am - 10pm (Sydney Time)
- Weekends and NSW Public Holidays, 9am - 5pm (Sydney Time)
- Closed: Good Friday & Christmas
For Support Desk enquiries please contact us via:
- Telephone on 1800 246 442
- Calls made to the 1800 number from most fixed line telephones are free to the caller
- Calls made from public/mobile telephones or from overseas may be charged at a timed rate