How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
Create folders to store files, by clicking on the 'Create folder' button. It is a good practice to create a folder and store individual files as this makes it easier to locate and find information on the same topic, related to an area of study or a unit of study.
1. Under files click the 'create folder' button and type the name of the folder into the text field. The folder will appear at the ‘Home’ level of your files area. If you wish to create a nested folder, open the folder you want the new folder in and click the ‘Create folder’ add a title in the text field and click 'create folder' button.
2. To add files, you will first need to agree with copyright restrictions. This means either acknowledging ownership or attributing material after checking the copyright box. When you have agreed with copyright conditions you can use the ‘Browse’ button to upload your file. Alternatively select a number of files in a finder window and drag and drop them into the grey dashed box area.
3. To move existing files into a folder, click on the four pointed icon and drag the file into a folder.
- You can upload files directly when adding content to Pages, however any content will be placed on the ‘Home’ level of the files area. You can go back to the files area after you have finished the page and re-organise the structure without breaking the links within the portfolio.
- By clicking on the icon of the file you want to move a drop down of all the same level folders is displayed. Click on the hyperlinked name of the folder to move your file to this location. Repeat if you wish to nest it further.
- You are also able to navigate your folder structure using the breadcrumb hyperlinks at the top of the files table, which shows your current location.
- You can download any individual file by clicking on the file icon, or you can download all of your content as a zip file via the link at the bottom of the page.
- Don’t upload Video files to the portfolio, rather link them from the ‘MyMedia’ streaming server to save file space and provide a superior viewing experience.
For more information about embedding Kaltura videos into an ePortfolio page refer to How to embed a Kaltura video into a page
ACU provides email and telephone support services for students and staff through its educational technology partner, Androgogic.
Please take the time to read through our Frequently Asked Questions below as you may find the answer you are looking for there.
The Support Desk operating times are:
- Monday to Friday, 8am - 10pm (Sydney Time)
- Weekends and NSW Public Holidays, 9am - 5pm (Sydney Time)
- Closed: Good Friday & Christmas
For Support Desk enquiries please contact us via:
- Telephone on 1800 246 442
- Calls made to the 1800 number from most fixed line telephones are free to the caller
- Calls made from public/mobile telephones or from overseas may be charged at a timed rate
Page last updated: 2017-06-28
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1197970