How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
To create your ePortfolio you may need to add files. Files help to provide evidence and be in various formats such as Word documents, PowerPoint slideshows, presentations, images and audio. Mahara ePortfolio allows you to upload almost any type of file to include in your ePortfolio. It is a good idea to organise your files into folders. Once a file is uploaded to your ePortfolio it can be added to 'Page(s)'.
'Pages' and 'Collections' of pages can be submitted for assessment via a LEO assignment.
1. From the Dashboard, click files under the Content tab
2. Before you can upload a file, you must agree to the copyright statement by ticking the box 'Yes".
NOTE you will not be able to upload a file without ticking this box first.
3. Click the browse button and locate a file to upload. Alternatively, you can choose the 'Drop files here to upload'.
When you have successfully uploaded your file a message will appear with the title of your file and the file type towards the top of the screen.
Before you add a lot of files to your ePortfolio, spend some time thinking about a useful folder structure. For example you may want to structure your folders so that documents are in one folder, audio in another and so on. Alternatively it may want to have folders that represent different aspects of your work or academic studies, such as by unit code or research topic. Once you have a folder structure in place it will be easier to locate information and less time consuming than managing lots of different files in one location. If you need to move files into a folder click on the four pointed icon to move it to a new folder.
NOTE: In order to share your files via a LEO assignment they must be included in a Page.
- For more information about how to do this go to How to creat a page
ACU provides email and telephone support services for students and staff through its educational technology partner, Androgogic.
Please take the time to read through our Frequently Asked Questions below as you may find the answer you are looking for there.
The Support Desk operating times are:
- Monday to Friday, 8am - 10pm (Sydney Time)
- Weekends and NSW Public Holidays, 9am - 5pm (Sydney Time)
- Closed: Good Friday & Christmas
For Support Desk enquiries please contact us via:
- Telephone on 1800 246 442
- Calls made to the 1800 number from most fixed line telephones are free to the caller
- Calls made from public/mobile telephones or from overseas may be charged at a timed rate
Page last updated: 2017-06-28
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1198419