How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
There may be a few reasons why your embedded video is not displaying in your LEO unit.
These reasons may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The video has been removed due to violation of copyright or Youtube's Terms of Service.
- The video has been deleted by the person who uploaded it.
- The uploader has not made the video available in your region (i.e., Australia).
- The video's web address (i.e., URL) begins with "http" instead of "https".
What can you do?
For the first three causes listed above, you may simply remove the embedded video in your LEO unit or find an alternative. In case you need a refresher, you can follow our guide on How to embed a YouTube video into a Text editor field.
If you are not sure whether your embedded video's URL is wrong:
- Edit the resource which contains your embedded video. This might be a Label, Page, Book, Lesson, Quiz, Assignment, or Forum Post (i.e., LEO resources that may include HTML content).
- When you first open a page with the text editor, you will probably only see one row of editing functions until you select the first button in the Text Editor called 'Toolbar Toggle'.
- Select the 'Toolbar Toggle' button to open up two more rows of editing functions.
- Next to 'Font size' on the bottom row of icons is the 'Edit HTML source' button . Selecting 'Edit HTML source' will open a new pop-up window called the 'HTML source editor'. In this editor, find for your embedded video's HTML code. The following example is the HTML code for embedding the "Welcome to Australian Catholic University for Undergraduate Students" video on YouTube: <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mdNA7wMlqNM?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
- In this example, the SRC value is http://www.youtube.com/embed/mdNA7wMlqNM?rel=0. This will not work in LEO because your web browser expects an "s" after "http". For this example to work, the SRC value must be changed to https://www.youtube.com/embed/mdNA7wMlqNM?rel=0.
- Note: '?rel=0' needs to be added after the video ID. This will stop suggested videos from appearing once the primary video is finished playing.
- Change the beginning of your embedded video's SRC value to "https" and click "Save changes".
Page last updated: 2017-06-28
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1090919