How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
There are three steps required to adding a Vimeo video into a Text editor field. These steps are:
- Locate the 'embed' code for the Vimeo video.
- Add an activity or resource to your unit which uses the Text editor functionality (for example a Label or Page).
- Copy and paste the 'embed' code into the Text editor field.
Step 1: Find the 'embed' code for your Vimeo video
To find the embed code for your Vimeo video you will need to:
- Locate the Vimeo video you would like to make available to your students. An example might be this video: SELT Student Surveys.
- Click on the 'Share' button, which is located on the right hand side of the video, fourth from the top. It looks like a paper plane.
- Copy the code from the 'embed' field which has been automatically generated. You will need this later to paste into the Text editor field.
Step 2: Add an activity or resource to your LEO unit
There are many activities and tools within LEO which make use of the Text editor function. This includes (but is not limited to) the Book, Page, Quiz, Assignment, HTML Block, and Label.
- To add a Label, please read our LEO Guide - How to add a Label to your unit.
- To add a Page, please read our LEO Guide - How to add a Page to your LEO unit.
- To add a Book, please read our LEO Guide - How to set up a Book.
Step 3: Copy and paste the 'embed' code (widget) into the Text editor field of your activity or resource
After you have added your activity or resource to your LEO unit, you will be directed to the 'Updating: [activity name]' page.
From the 'Updating: [activity name]' page you now need to:
- Click on the 'Edit HTML source' icon. It is located next to 'Font size' on the bottom row of icons, and looks like this: <>.
- Clicking on the 'Edit HTML source' icon will open a pop-up window called the 'HTML source editor'. Paste the embed code you copied earlier from your Vimeo video into this pop-up window. Click 'Update' once you are done. This will close the pop-up window.
- Click 'Save changes' when you are done.
Your Vimeo video is now embedded in the Text editor field.
Page last updated: 2017-06-29
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1100340