How to tester
There are three steps required to adding a YouTube video to your LEO unit via a HTML block. These steps are:
- Locate the 'embed' code for the YouTube video you want to have in your LEO unit
- Add a Label to your LEO unit
- Copy and paste the 'embed' code into the 'Label text' field of your Label
Step 1: Finding the 'embed' code for your YouTube video
To find the embed video for your YouTube video you will need to:
- Locate the YouTube video you would like to make available to your students via the HTML Block. An example might be this video 'Welcome to Australian Catholic University for Undergraduate students'.
- Click on the 'Share' button, then click on 'Embed'.
- Click on 'SHOW MORE'. From here, you can select the appropriate settings. The settings you select at this step will alter the 'embed' code in the field above. When you are happy with your selections, 'copy' the embed code. You will need this later to 'paste' into the 'Label text' field in your Label.
Step 2: Adding a Label to your LEO unit
- To add a Label to your LEO unit, please follow the steps in 'How to add a Label to your unit'.
Step 3: Copy and paste the 'embed' code (widget) into the 'Label text' field of your Label
After you have added your Label to your LEO unit, you will be directed to the 'Updating: Label' page.
From the 'Updating: Label' page you now need to:
- Click on the 'Toolbar toggle' icon. This is the icon at the top right side of the 'Content' field. Clicking on this icon will make all of the editing options for the HTML block available to you.
- Click on the 'Edit HTML source' icon. It is located next to 'Font size' on the botton row of icons, and looks like this: <>
- Clicking on the 'Edit HTML source' icon will open a new pop-up window called the 'HTML source editor'. Simply copy and paste the embed code from your YouTube video into this pop-up window. Click 'Update' once you are done. Clicking on 'Update' will close the pop-up window.
- Click 'Save changes' when you are done.