Wherever you are, if you have internet access, you should be able to access LEO.
LEO can be accessed by typing the URL leo.acu.edu.au into the address bar of your browser.
The LEO login page accepts the same Username and Password that you use for (nearly) all other ACU systems. You will receive your login credentials from ICT when you first start.
The recommended minimum/supported browsers are:
- Google Chrome 30.0
- Firefox 25.0
- Safari 6
- Internet Explorer 9 (IE 10 required for drag and drop of files from outside the browser into Moodle)
You and your students can also view and interact with LEO content on mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets. Some functionality and editing capabilities, however, may be restricted on these devices.
Occasionally we come across compatibility issues with some of the tools, but as long as you are using one of the browsers above, the issues should be minimal.
Take time to familiarise yourself with the interface.
Some of the things to look out for on the Home page are:
- The 'Navigation' and 'Administration' menus
- The 'My units' link
- The 'Staff Notices' block
- Your name at the top of the screen is also a menu for personal settings
- The 'Technical Support' link
Clicking on the 'My units' link from the 'Navigation' menu will bring up a list of units that you are enrolled in. Users have different permissions in units depending on whether they are a lecturer-in-charge, a tutor, a student or an auditor.
- You might notice that the menus change depending on where you are in LEO. If you are editing an activity in your unit, for example, the 'Administration' menu will include options relevant to that activity.
- Look for the breadcrumbs which are a good way to know where in LEO you are. It is also useful to navigate back up a level or two.
- Lastly, look for the 'Turn editing on' button. There is also a link in the 'Administration' menu which does the same thing. 'Turn editing on' is usually the first step in adding or editing activities and resources in your units.